Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 17 year old boxer. I have only been boxing about 4 or 5 months. Here is my current workout routine. Any tips, comments, or anything is greatly appreciated.

Jog 1.5 miles
Jump Rope 20 minutes
4 rounds shadow boxing
4 rounds heavy bag
10 40 yard sprints
Lift weights
500 Sit-ups
Exercise bike 20 minutes
3 1 minute rounds throwing 1,2's with 5 lb. weights in hands.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'd strongly recommend incorporating Plyometrics and Resistance Band Exercises. Also when your doing 1,2's with the weights, start out with say 2 pounders then do say 100 reps then go up to 3 pounds; do 100 then 5; 100 and then go back down

·
Registered
2 Posts
Take it easy on the crunches, you dont have to bang out 500 hundred of the same abdominal exercises, vary plyometric training with core exercises, you say you shadow box with weight, try a wobble board and lighter weights and shadow in front of a mirror.

A good circuit would be

SQUAT JUMPS 1 MIN
JUMP LUNGES 1 MIN
BOX JUMPS 1 MIN
EXPLOSIVE SURF PUSHUPS 1MIN
HURDLE SIDE JUMPS 1 MIN
SLOW DOWN FAST UP PUSHUPS 1 MIN
FLOOR TO CEILING TOUCH JUMPS 1 MIN (WITH WEIGHTS)

LEE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re:

Ya that is good. And you can improve your exercise bike minutes into 30. Then it will be in a good result. Because I will use to do that and got the good result. All the best for your future performance..
---------
george
workout routines

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Ya that is good. And you can improve your exercise bike minutes into 30. Then it will be in a good result. Because I will use to do that and got the good result. All the best for your future performance..
---------
george
workout routines
This thread is headed to the 2 years old mark. Please look at dates posted before posting man.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re:

Ya I have saw that it was posted before two years. But those workouts which I have done with 30 minutes and I gave the suggestion and not a compulsion...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts