Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys.

I was wondering, how long do you think it'll be before my coach puts me on for an amateur bout, training 3 days a week about 3 hours a day?

Also, how long was it before your coach had you spar and how often do you go at it? I've pretty much only been doing the jab and the right and variations of that for the past three weeks every time I come in. I'm cool with that, because I want to be crisp and technical, but how long should it take before I spar? And how often do you spar at training?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think it depends on the gym, at the gym I goto its around 2-3months. The coach will tell us when he thinks we are ready to start sparing. People at the gym tend to spar about 1 or 2 times a week.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Spar, if you can every day, two weeks before fight. For an amateur fight, six 2 minute rounds.

·
Registered
14 Posts
well im 17 now, ive bin into boxing for about 2 years but no serious training, i've bin training at my gym for 2 and a half months now 5 days a week abou 4 hours a day and im aiming for a fight early next year, but thats coz my trainers abit cautious,but he's trained sum serios talent, all the boxers in the gym are fantastic so i trust him to tell me when im ready

1 - 5 of 5 Posts