Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I think it really depends on what kind of gym you're going to. My trainer charges me $150/month for private lessons 3x/week, which I think is fair. That includes gym membership and I can come to group classes for no additional charge. I paid another $10 for a pair of handwraps, currently using a pair of gloves that belong to the gym.

Edit: I'm in Texas if that helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got no clue thats why i was askin lol,not sure though cuz i was searchin google and it says 3 months is 110 dollars and 300 for 1 year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Granted, $150/month is a lot of money but there's no way I'd drive down to the gym, open it up, and spend and hour and a half of my time teaching some beginner to box for ten bucks an hour. A gym like Gold's or 24hour Fitness charges $65-$75 per hour for personal training. Just call around to some gyms in your area and see what they charge. If one-on-one lessons cost too much maybe there are some small group classes you can get into. I wouldn't recommend trying to do it all on your own though.

Edit: it may be that the prices you saw were just for the gym membership and not for training.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Dont get down, my boxing club was $50 a month, although when my gym got took over, I said that I paid the old owner for 4 months in advance and i got 4 months free haha :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.