Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does your gym charge for membership. There is this one by my area. But it charges 80$ a month. How much does your gym charge?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Mine was a PAL gym, but only charged $30 a month.
Average is probably about $50 or so though. But also depends on what is provided. Do they provide all of the equipment? Then expect rates to be a bit higher.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its 70 a month. Yea they provide alot of stuff. But I really don't care about **** Im not going to use like, weights, treadmills etc. I just want to box. 70$ a month isn't that alot?

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
$15.00 a month for 5 days a week open 4-7pm. Equipment is provided, and you can order stuff from the trainers (no additional fee).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$70 a month is high in my opinion, yes.

What area are you from? I'll try to locate more options for you...
i already saw all my options. There ain't much boxing here in toronto. There are other gyms here with less of a fee but they are too far. So I'm handcuffed here.

·
Registered
349 Posts
49$ a month for me .. Pretty nice gym .. I can cancel anytime no fee .. no sign up fee .. its open 24/7. I am looking for a boxing gym to join as well right now.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
i already saw all my options. There ain't much boxing here in toronto. There are other gyms here with less of a fee but they are too far. So I'm handcuffed here.
Sorry to hear that bro. Is it an all out boxing gym, or is this more of a fitnes center type of deal ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
its a mixture of both. There aint much of anything when it comes to boxing here in toronto so it's not bad for toronto. But 70$ for what really? I have my own wraps and gloves everything, I know how to box so 70$ for going there 2-3 times a week for 2 hrs each is no way worth it. But what alot of trainers do is they give you 50% off pretty much negoitate with them if they think your good and you don't got the money or aren't willing to pay. Im going to tell the trainers there my situation and see what happens

·
Registered
5 Posts
its a mixture of both. There aint much of anything when it comes to boxing here in toronto so it's not bad for toronto. But 70$ for what really? I have my own wraps and gloves everything, I know how to box so 70$ for going there 2-3 times a week for 2 hrs each is no way worth it. But what alot of trainers do is they give you 50% off pretty much negoitate with them if they think your good and you don't got the money or aren't willing to pay. Im going to tell the trainers there my situation and see what happens
Good Luck bro!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Really old school lookin gym called Fitzy's in my city. $20 a month, kinda low on equiptment and space but its owned by Sean "Fitzy" Fitzgerald (30-2-2) who has over 20 years exp and he even fought Duran in his prime, and hes always around helpin out, quick tips, even sparring etc. A few other regulars there are Jose Antonio Rivera, former WBA Welterweight World Champ, the #1 ranked ametuer in the world, Edwin Rodriguez, and Enrique Palau (RIP) was an up and coming jr middleweight before he had a fatal crash back right before christmas in '06.

BUT they're picking up and moving to a local town and getting a new facility and the whole nine yards, have no idea what the new price is going to be.

·
Registered
8 Posts
120 a month =\ yeah expensive. there aren't many boxing gyms in the area though...

but i found another one which is like the only other one in the area and i'm going to it soon. it's like 70 a month. olympic gold medalist andre ward trains there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i think im getting ripped off. the gym i go to charges $70 a month and i can only go once a week for an hour and they wont set up fights for me

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would love to join a gym but there are maybe two good ones in san francisco and they charge $110 and $175 for the two packages, the more expensive one being a gym/classes + boxing coaches. I can't afford this so if anyone knows a cheap boxing gym in the San Francisco area that would be great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts