Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are does that will justify DeLa Hoyas loss to overtraining, and some that will say he would fair a lot better if he fought once again at his natural weight ,whatis your input on the subjet

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
I think it would have made a difference as far as him landing more punches and letting his hands go but I dont think it would have effected the outcome

·
Registered
661 Posts
There are does that will justify DeLa Hoyas loss to overtraining, and some that will say he would fair a lot better if he fought once again at his natural weight ,whatis your input on the subjet
Assuming he carefully built his body back to it's natural size, and could overcome the mental impact of the whole ordeal, it's possible that at 35 he has something left to offer.

However, it's very obvious that different fighters develop very differently. Hopkins' 42 may very well be younger than DLH's 35. Fighters passing their sell by date is a strange and unusual phenomenon. I think it's safe to say that the horrible state of his body compounded an already serious decline and because of that it's just time for Oscar to walk away.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think he should take a short break and get right back into training but this time fight at his own natural weight in the area between 150 and 160and once again pick a guy shorter than him, and this time do it for free, that way if he looses again at least he can say that he wanted to give something back to the fans he tried to sucker with Paquiao...but we all know what are the chances of that ever happening

·
Registered
60 Posts
I like Oscar @154 anymore, I really do. I was kinda geeked about him goin' back down to Truewelter and thought we'd see a splash of what he once looked like n' all, but Jr. Middle is where the guy belongs now. I'd like to see him fight 2-3 more times there and retire. I'll be completely honest with you all, the Pac fight almost brought tears to my eyes. and I don't think me bein' a chic has much to do with that. I've heard a lotta guys say they were kinda tore up about it too. The boy did give us a lotta great fights.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
when oscar was walking around camp at 145 2 weeks before the fight, warning bells rang. He was very overtrained, he left it all in the gym at Big Bear

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
I like Oscar @154 anymore, I really do. I was kinda geeked about him goin' back down to Truewelter and thought we'd see a splash of what he once looked like n' all, but Jr. Middle is where the guy belongs now. I'd like to see him fight 2-3 more times there and retire. I'll be completely honest with you all, the Pac fight almost brought tears to my eyes. and I don't think me bein' a chic has much to do with that. I've heard a lotta guys say they were kinda tore up about it too. The boy did give us a lotta great fights.
I was sad too, and I'm generally a DLH hater...

·
Registered
508 Posts
well said obama I'm not a DLH fan but I honestly think its the weight that killed him. I'd like to see him at Jr Md or above against an older guy preferably, or maybe just a non elite fighter. I think he deserves to go out on a better note than this

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I'd like to see Oscar retire..

Fighting once again to find out whether it was the weight or not that killed him is pointless. Hes just going at the risk to get beat up again. Oscar has done what he had to do in his great career and theres nothing more we could ask.

Oscar didnt look good against Steve Forbes either. Honestly, I think he should retire.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I was on here saying DLH didnt look impressive against Forbes and I was being called an idiot and was being told it was because he was just warming up and couldnt have ended that fight if he wanted to. Fanboys suck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts