Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now im going to run through a couple of things about downloading. A couple of people have been asking so i thought id make a sticky and we can all post tips and stuff.

**DOWNLOADING FIGHTS**

Megaupload

1. Open the link: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
2. In the top right hand corner, type out the letters and click download.
3. Wait for 25/45 seconds and then click on 'free download'.
4. Choose where you want the file to go, then press save

Rapidshare

1. Open the link: RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
2. Unless you have a premium account, click on free download.
3. Wait for the download ticket to countdown, i think it starts at 2.5 minutes.
4. Copy the letters and click download, im not sure which option is the best i think there all pretty much the same.
5. Choose where you want the file to go, then press save.

**WATCHING THE FIGHTS**

The player i use for most of the files is VLC, here's the link:

VLC Media Player - Reviews and free VLC Media Player downloads at Download.com

You need to download the file and install VLC. All file types play pretty much, although i find if you have .wmv file i suggest using Windows Media Player as its better quality. If you have a .VOB file in the VLC, be sure to turn interlace off else the quality won't be as good.

JOINING SEPERATE FILES​

To do this, you need to download HJSplit, here's the link:

File Splitters, freeware and multi-platform: HJSplit

Simply download, open hjsplit.exe and click 'join'. Make sure part 1 and 2 are in the same folder, that way they'll join them automatically.

CHANGING FILE TYPES​

How to Change a File Extension in Windows

This site should explain it all:thumbsup:

Any questions or problems, post them here!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Yeah, I'm having a problem with downloading the second part of a couple of fights. For example, I downloaded Cotto-Urkal Part 1 and it went fine, but then when I downloaded part 2 it doesn't play. Same thing happened with Mayweather-Hatton. I don't know why. Some files play with Windown Media Player, and others with VCL. The second part to these fights won't play with any of them.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JOINING SEPERATE FILES​

To do this, you need to download HJSplit, here's the link:

http://www.hjsplit.net/

Simply download, open hjsplit.exe and click 'join'. Make sure part 1 and 2 are in the same folder, that way they'll join them automatically.
This should help here RingDoctor. Megaupload only allows 500MB per file, so when the file is greater it is split into two using this. Unfortunately, the second part won't work unless you rejoin them after downloading both. Let me know if you have anymore problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello leeds lad , brand new to this so you ll have to bear with me , when i download a fight is there a way i can put it on to a dvd , or is it like youtube wee you only get to watch it through the site ? cheers mate

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When you download you can burn to DVD. Il post some info on how to do that if your unfamiliar?

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks very much , no it sounds stupid but my speakers are bust and id much prefer watching in the living room on tv rather than the monitor , thanks once again

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes any advice would be great , when you download to dvd can you edit the download page with the girlsinyourarea on ,cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm having problems downloading anything from MEGAUPLOAD It says javascript required even though it is enabled on my browser.Any ideas?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi
I'm having some problems when joining files with hjsplit, after d/loading, i open file 001 and it auto joins the other files ie:002/003 etc but i'm unable to play the completed avi on any of my media players. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?

Thanks

·
Banned
35 Posts
problem with vlan player

whenever i change videos on the player the screen shows vertical multi coloured lines. has anyone else experienced this problem

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
whenever i change videos on the player the screen shows vertical multi coloured lines. has anyone else experienced this problem
Might just be the player you are using I recommend Winamp or DivX :thumbsup:.

how do i play avi and kar files
They should just play on DivX or Winamp. However if it's more than one file you join them with HJSplit.

·
Banned
35 Posts
can anyone recommend a download accelerator program please

can anyone recommend a download accelerator. i tried out flashget but it seems about the same speed as normal downloads. i also heard that it might come with spyware so am concerned about that.

theres a lot of good stuff here but its frustrating waiting on some links to download.

any help is appreciated

thanks

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
There is no download accelerator (I know of) that can improve your set download speed. It doesnt matter if I use Explorer, Mozilla, or a program like star downloader, it always tops out at around 89 kb per second. The modem and connection speed has everything to do with it, a friend of mine with all the same programs downloads at 500 kb-1 mb speed because he has a cable modem.

Good luck if you can find something that does help you out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
I have already downloaded files through torrent and megaload (i think that is is called).
Can I burn these onto dvd which i use bit torrent.

G

·
I can't use HJ Split. When I open the folder I'm not sure if I'm supposed to click 'extract all' or 'run'

Do I need to type in the file size for it to work also? :confused:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi
I have already downloaded files through torrent and megaload (i think that is is called).
Can I burn these onto dvd which i use bit torrent.
There are programs you can use to burn files from your computer to DVD, Nero is one i think. I had a good program for it on my old computer but i can't think whats its called.

I can't use HJ Split. When I open the folder I'm not sure if I'm supposed to click 'extract all' or 'run'

Do I need to type in the file size for it to work also? :confused:
It comes as a .zip file so you have to 'extract all' before it will work. When you've done that just open 'hjsplit' and then click join. Make sure both parts .001 & .002 are in the same folder though.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts