Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During work today I was thinking about how the potential fights between the three guys I listed at 168 would play out, so I thought I'd take it a step further and look into some interesting ones at junior middle and junior welter. I realize 154 is pretty stacked with all of those names, so look into those at your own risk. Hope you have fun with it.

Andre Ward vs. Andre Dirrell
Ward vs. Danny Jacobs
Dirrell vs. Jacobs

Alfredo Angulo vs. James Kirkland
Angulo vs. Vanes Martirosyan
Kirkland vs. Martirosyan
Kirkland vs. Joe Greene
Kirkland vs. Deandre Latimore
Ronald Hearns vs. Martirosyan
Lamont Peterson vs. Hearns
Angulo vs. Peterson
Angulo vs. Greene
Angulo vs. Latimore
Peterson vs. Martirosyan
Angulo vs. Hearns
Kirkland vs. Hearns
Joel Julio vs. Angulo
Julio vs. Kirkland
Julio vs. Latimore
Julio vs. Martirosyan
Julio vs. Hearns
Julio vs. Peterson
Greene vs. Latimore
Greene vs. Hearns
Greene vs. Peterson
Greene vs. Martirosyan
Peterson vs. Latimore
Hearns vs. Latimore
Latimore vs. Martirosyan

Victor Ortiz vs. Devon Alexander
Timothy Bradley vs. Devon Alexander
Timothy Bradley vs. Victor Ortiz
Victor Ortiz vs. Mike Alvarado
Devon Alexander vs. Mike Alvarado
Timothy Bradley vs. Mike Alvarado

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of that at 154, without Sergio Martinez and Yuri Foreman(I know, boring).

Lets just wait some time and this division will be really deep.
I tried to keep the list to a minimum and it still ended up huge. Also, I only wanted to include guys under 28 and, aside from Tim Bradley, guys that hadn't won titles yet. Foreman is 28, I believe, but like you said, painfully boring. He's a solid boxer, I'll give him his credit, but no one will ever care.

So what do you think about some of those?

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Divisions that are weak on the top usually face an influx of talent. Most of those fights seem to me like fights that would be on a BAD card if HBO still had competent boxing execs.

I'd toss Allan Green, Miranda, Codrington into that 168 pound mix. Cesar Chavez Jr. instead of Martirosyan and Lamont Peterson in at 140.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Divisions that are weak on the top usually face an influx of talent. Most of those fights seem to me like fights that would be on a BAD card if HBO still had competent boxing execs.

I'd toss Allan Green, Miranda, Codrington into that 168 pound mix. Cesar Chavez Jr. instead of Martirosyan and Lamont Peterson in at 140.
No doubt man, plenty of excellent BAD material. Hopefully we see some of these in the very near future.

I'd leave Allan Green out of the mix, because I still have a bad taste in my mouth over all the crap he has pulled over the last year, most notably demanding an unreasonable purse for a fight with Pavlik and going no-show with no explanation for the fight that did materialize for him.

I'm still waiting to see how Codrington bounces back from that loss to Bika in that excellent Contender finale. He already shook off that devastating knockout at the hands of the aforementioned Green a few years ago, so one would think he would be alright.

As for Chavez, let's see if he gets by Vanda in their rematch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts