Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I miss Floyd. That stupid pompous bastard and all his BS irritates me but boxing seems to be less than it was when he was still fighting.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
It will get worse the longer he's out. All of his haters are already going nuts, and it is funny as hell Matt!

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I have a feeling it is going to be a very long time. I'm talking 5 years plus man.
Maybe. Right now I like the hell out of Berto. He improved a lot lately.

I miss him eating dorito chips during training. His Training vids on HBO were some of the best.
Yeah that stuff was inspiring man.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
but I miss Floyd. That stupid pompous bastard and all his BS irritates me but boxing seems to be less than it was when he was still fighting.
I don't think boxing is missing him right now. Cuz the welterweight division is starting to clear itself up. But once that happens, I think it will.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Just do what i do, start a thread and watch all his groupies scaramble to his rescue. Shiit cracks me up dude. :D

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
He's an excelent fighter, so of course hes missed.

Right now, there are still plenty of great fights at ww division to be made. Hes gonna be missed when it settles and someone comes out on top

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I don't think Berto has the defense to last all that long. He takes far too many shots.
He improved his D a lot. I like what I saw in the Rodriguez fight. He is good at leading but he can't really counter IMO (especially against the ropes). He's gonna make up for his lack of defense with footwork and upper body movement.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Just do what i do, start a thread and watch all his groupies scarble to his rescue. Shiit cracks me up dude. :D
Well your thread backfired. The poll says enough.....

As for missing Floyd, Count me in. I loved Kellerman kind of calling floyd out.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was being serious, TOmmy. I do miss that jerk. Boxing needs fighters you love to hate. I hate Hopkins but hating a senior citizen makes me feel bad about myself.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I don't think boxing is missing him right now. Cuz the welterweight division is starting to clear itself up. But once that happens, I think it will.
I agree, he will be miss him. Most of the big names in Boxing have gotten old and left (Lennox Lewis, Fernando Vargas, Ike Quartey, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera). Or are close to leaving (Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad, Joel Casamayor, Winky Wright, James Toney, yes even Joe Calzaghe). Mayweather is still only 31. There isn't really any fighter out there that has Mayweather's ability to dominate. That unbeatable aura around them. The top two current p4p fighters (Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez) are great fighters. But there beatable. The number 3 and 4 fighters Israel Vazquez and Kelly Pavlik are as well. Boxing always has, likes having and needs that unbeatable fighter. With Mayweather gone there ain't one. There are some talented prospects out there. But none are finished products. Mayweather early retirement has made that very clear.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I agree 100% Gerald. That's why there won't be a true P4P king for a very long time.

Balistik, Berto looked good against an average opponent at best. I like Berto just as much as the next guy, but he took nearly 300 shots from Estrada. That's worrysome.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I agree 100% Gerald. That's why there won't be a true P4P king for a very long time.

Balistik, Berto looked good against an average opponent at best. I like Berto just as much as the next guy, but he took nearly 300 shots from Estrada. That's worrysome.
If Pacman beats DLH(just the possibility), wouldnt that be a real P4P statement? I honestly believe so

I dont think Berto will be a long-reigning P4P king. Of course hes still young and still has time, but I just dont see it as much as I like his style. And if he takes on a guy like Clottey right now, he will take a beating. Maybe Collazo would be a better option right now,

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
I agree, he will be miss him. Most of the big names in Boxing have gotten old and left (Lennox Lewis, Fernando Vargas, Ike Quartey, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera). Or are close to leaving (Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, Oscar De La Hoya, Felix Trinidad, Joel Casamayor, Winky Wright, James Toney, yes even Joe Calzaghe). Mayweather is still only 31. There isn't really any fighter out there that has Mayweather's ability to dominate. That unbeatable aura around them. The top two current p4p fighters (Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez) are great fighters. But there beatable. The number 3 and 4 fighters Israel Vazquez and Kelly Pavlik are as well. Boxing always has, likes having and needs that unbeatable fighter. With Mayweather gone there ain't one. There are some talented prospects out there. But none are finished products. Mayweather early retirement has made that very clear.
Great way of putting it. It's pretty much the way I see it

1 - 20 of 64 Posts