Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iam postin this sagin because i think i posted in the wrong forum. ;)
how u doin. my names ken iam 20 ill be 21 may 28th. i live in philly iam 5'7 weight 136 . ill guess that ill make me a lightweight. i never boxed be4 iam mainly a street fight i was always the smallest guy when it came to me brawling but i never lost a fight mainly because of tha fact i was considered the underdog. i have a vicious punch and can also take a punch easily. i consider myself a brawler. but the 1 problem i have and if use can help that would be great. iam 20 and i been smokin about a pack of ciggarets a day now for about 6 or so years. is that physical goin to affect me? and i was also thinkin of dropping 10-14 pounds and becomin a featherweight or jr featherweight. is that physically goin to affect my body. a good idea or not? because in my head i believe i can knockout any oppenent that weights between 122-130.

·
Registered
841 Posts
iam postin this sagin because i think i posted in the wrong forum. ;)
how u doin. my names ken iam 20 ill be 21 may 28th. i live in philly iam 5'7 weight 136 . ill guess that ill make me a lightweight. i never boxed be4 iam mainly a street fight i was always the smallest guy when it came to me brawling but i never lost a fight mainly because of tha fact i was considered the underdog. i have a vicious punch and can also take a punch easily. i consider myself a brawler. but the 1 problem i have and if use can help that would be great. iam 20 and i been smokin about a pack of ciggarets a day now for about 6 or so years. is that physical goin to affect me? and i was also thinkin of dropping 10-14 pounds and becomin a featherweight or jr featherweight. is that physically goin to affect my body. a good idea or not? because in my head i believe i can knockout any oppenent that weights between 122-130.
Yeah the ciggarets are definiely going to impair your endurance during a fight without a doubt. You say you beleive you could knockout any opponent that weighs between 122-130. The guys you've been fighting on the street, don't know how to box. They've just been throwing windmill swirling wild punches like you have hoping to get that lucky punch in. Im guessing the reason why you usually win is becuase your a faster swinger. Just to educate you a bit, if you step into the ring and do that 1. I can't explain how EASY it is for a BOXER to pick apart a street brawler without thinking twice in the ring or outside the ring 2. The kids you'd be fighting at 122-130 would be in top shape and 5X faster than you are now with 10oz gloves on. My advice to you if you want to box, is to go join a gym and get coached, then when you learn the real art of fighting you can start competiing. Your eventually going to have to stop smoking otherwise you won't be much competition. The idea of you dropping 10 lbs isn't a bad idea for your height if your serious about competiing either. Good Luck

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Yeah the ciggarets are definiely going to impair your endurance during a fight without a doubt. You say you beleive you could knockout any opponent that weighs between 122-130. The guys you've been fighting on the street, don't know how to box. They've just been throwing windmill swirling wild punches like you have hoping to get that lucky punch in. Im guessing the reason why you usually win is becuase your a faster swinger. Just to educate you a bit, if you step into the ring and do that 1. I can't explain how EASY it is for a BOXER to pick apart a street brawler without thinking twice in the ring or outside the ring 2. The kids you'd be fighting at 122-130 would be in top shape and 5X faster than you are now with 10oz gloves on. My advice to you if you want to box, is to go join a gym and get coached, then when you learn the real art of fighting you can start competiing. Your eventually going to have to stop smoking otherwise you won't be much competition. The idea of you dropping 10 lbs isn't a bad idea for your height if your serious about competiing either. Good Luck
:thumbsup::thumbsup: I read what he said and made me nod my head. I say you go to a boxing gym and spar the best one there at 125.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts