Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how u doin. my names ken iam 20 ill be 21 may 28th. i live in philly iam 5'7 weight 136 . ill guess that ill make me a lightweight. i never boxed be4 iam mainly a street fight i was always the smallest guy when it came to me brawling but i never lost a fight mainly because of tha fact i was considered the underdog. i have a vicious punch and can also take a punch easily. i consider myself a brawler. but the 1 problem i have and if use can help that would be great. iam 20 and i been smokin about a pack of ciggarets a day now for about 6 or so years. is that physical goin to affect me? and i was also thinkin of dropping 10-14 pounds and becomin a featherweight or jr featherweight. is that physically goin to affect my body. a good idea or not? because in my head i believe i can knockout any oppenent that weights between 122-130.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I can give you advice on how to quit smoking caus yes that will affect you physicly. Dont just quit smoking that wont work u got to make it less and less every day. Maby in two weeks u will only smoke half a pack and in 4 weeks you will smoke one before you go to sleep and eventually you quit, thats how i did it. But you should talk to your coach (if or when you got one) about what weight you should be at.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
You are at an age where your body and mind are still developing ,forcing your self to go down in weight even if you think you can do it easily, is not a good idea, not at this stage , sure you should work out and eat a regular natural diet, fruits vegetables, fish , some meat, protein shakes and stay at a weight where you feel strong am not really sure I understand why you want to go down in weight anyways, and yes you should defenetly work on quiting smoking cigarrets or what ever, it cut's down the absorbtion of oxigen to your muscles and brain , it will affect your stamina,and in the long term can lead to serious health problems, it won't be easy ,sounds like you been at it for a while now, what I know is that nicotine addiction is one tough muther to beat,but it can be done if you put your mind and heart into it .
star by doing it gradualy , cut down little by little , clear your lungs in the morning by running , ask your true friends not to smoke around you, try some gums and patches only if the craving is to strong, remember only use these if you feel the need to.
learn the skill of boxing my advice is not to worry about your weight, defenetly quit the smoking it will affect your life good luck...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Youngunz.

As a former smoker who enjoyed cigarettes for years, I can tell you that smoking will definately have a negative effect on any physically demanding activity you do. I wrestled in college, and it took its toll on me. It also took me years before I finally quit successfully. If you are going to box, then smoking needs to go.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
how u doin. my names ken iam 20 ill be 21 may 28th. i live in philly iam 5'7 weight 136 . ill guess that ill make me a lightweight. i never boxed be4 iam mainly a street fight i was always the smallest guy when it came to me brawling but i never lost a fight mainly because of tha fact i was considered the underdog. i have a vicious punch and can also take a punch easily. i consider myself a brawler. but the 1 problem i have and if use can help that would be great. iam 20 and i been smokin about a pack of ciggarets a day now for about 6 or so years. is that physical goin to affect me? and i was also thinkin of dropping 10-14 pounds and becomin a featherweight or jr featherweight. is that physically goin to affect my body. a good idea or not? because in my head i believe i can knockout any oppenent that weights between 122-130.
Cigarettes need to go man. They will massively affect your stamina, and that ain't good for boxing. If you can easily drop a few pounds to get down in weight then go for it, but if its real hard work don't bother.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Cigarettes need to go man. They will massively affect your stamina, and that ain't good for boxing. If you can easily drop a few pounds to get down in weight then go for it, but if its real hard work don't bother.
Agree with LeedsLad about the weight. Surely some enjoyment will come out if you are working REALLY hard to drop the pounds. And enjoyment is what its about, is it not? :confused:

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what she didn't even say take drugs or drink..wow" she said smoke drugs. so iam assuming u smoke crack? what about zannies aren't they always g00d to take b4 a fight? ps: ill smoke drugs with u any time gurl:)

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
what she didn't even say take drugs or drink..wow" she said smoke drugs. so iam assuming u smoke crack? what about zannies aren't they always g00d to take b4 a fight? ps: ill smoke drugs with u any time gurl:)
:laugh: Yeah my Briana is a cutie ain't she? To bad she don't do drugs. And she belongs to me. Ha! Ha!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts