Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

I thought this would be interesting...

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  HUGOBOX 
#1 ·
Make your own card. Set up three co-featured bouts pitting fighters from any era against one another.

Khaosai Galaxy of the late 1980's moving up to bantamweight to face the early to mid 1970's Ruben Olivares. Clash of the power punchers with 120 combined KOs. Could the extremely tough Mexican legend stand up to straight left to the body which was maybe the hardest punch in the history of the lower weight classes?

The 1950 version of Willie Pep against early 1990's Pernell Whitaker. I know, I know, there might only be ten punches landed between the both of them throughout twelve, fifteen, or hell, even fifty rounds. This one would probably have to take place at lightweight which I think Pernell could have pulled off and the fact that he'd be the much bigger man wouldn't make that much of a difference in this styles match-up.

Early to mid 1970's Carlos Monzon versus early 1980's Marvin Hagler at middleweight, of course. Monzon's 14 title defenses against the marvelous one's twelve. Could it have made Hagler/Hearns immaterial? This one actually could have happened. It's a shame that their careers didn't intersect.

#5 ·
mcclellan vs pavlik.

pac vs prince naz (prime and motivated)

haye vs holyfield (cruiser)

benn vs roy (160 where benn had more pop, would be interesting if he could ko roy)

duran vs cotto

and in ten years time i would say mayweather vs cotto ;)

#7 ·
Lennox Lewis vs. Larry Holmes (heavyweight)

Joe Frazier vs. Evander Holyfield (heavyweight)

Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Miguel Cotto (welterweight)

or

Mike Tyson vs. Big George Foreman (heavyweight)

Sugar Ray Robinson vs. Floyd Mayweather(welterweight)

Joe Louis vs. Muhammed Ali

or

Prince Naseem vs. Roberto Duran (lightweight)

Nigel Benn vs. Bernard Hopkins (middleweight)

Kelly Pavlik vs. Steve Collins (middleweight)

or

Roy Jones Jnr vs. Chris Eubank (super Middleweight)

Oscar De La Hoya vs. Gerrald Mccellan (Middleweight)

Muhammed Ali vs. Lennox Lewis (heavyweight)

#9 ·
Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali. (main event)

Ray Robinson vs Marvin Hagler.

Ray Leonard vs Carmen Basillio (147)

Roberto Duran vs Julio Ceasar Chavez.

Willie Pep vs Manny Pacquiao. (126)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.