Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
I have just had my 21 years since July and I began the boxing at the age of 17. Only I live in France and the level is very weak with regard to the American level thus I cannot progress by staying in France. I want to come to New York in November only to concentrate on the boxing. Do you think that I have a luck(chance) to become a big professional by working very hard?
Thank you in advance for your answers and what God facilitates you in your daily life...:)

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Everyone wants to become a big professional. Very few make it. However if you have the determination then it will be significantly easier. But try not to get your hopes up too much.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Everyone wants to become a big professional. Very few make it. However if you have the determination then it will be significantly easier. But try not to get your hopes up too much.
do you mean very few people go professional or very few get well known? Because its actually not THAT hard to go professional. Just takes time and hard work.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hello to all,
I have just had my 21 years since July and I began the boxing at the age of 17. Only I live in France and the level is very weak with regard to the American level thus I cannot progress by staying in France. I want to come to New York in November only to concentrate on the boxing. Do you think that I have a luck(chance) to become a big professional by working very hard?
Thank you in advance for your answers and what God facilitates you in your daily life...:)
Out of all the places you can live in america, why new york? Unless you know a really good boxing gym with good trainers in new york, i would move to southern california if i were you. Theres a gym in Hollywood called Wild Card Boxing. Freddie Roach owns the gym ( a VERY well known boxing trainer ). He currently trains Manny Paqcaio, Bobby Pacquiao, Bernard Hopkins, and James Toney. Thats probably the best boxing gym in the whole state so i really recommend going there. I go to a different gym but im gonna sign up there soon and go to both. And yeah you have a chance to make it as professional, but you gotta train hard to compete at that level.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
do you mean very few people go professional or very few get well known? Because its actually not THAT hard to go professional. Just takes time and hard work.
Saying I want to become "a big professional" implies to me that he wants to make it big. I ain't saying he can't turn pro, just that he shouldn't get his hopes up of ever become P4P No.1 or anything like that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know well that you should not dream and that it is necessary to keep(guard) feet on earth(ground) but we say that the hope makes live and it is it which makes my strength. If I come until the U.S.A it is to work really hard because my level is late but I believe in my potential. I want to go to NY because I know the family of a friend for the accommodation(hosting) but you see I have no money(silver) and I know nobody in California. From more my English is very bad because I know only the school bases. But if I could go wherever I shall make him(it) but the money misses me! Do you know the best clubs about NY?
Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
I know well that you should not dream and that it is necessary to keep(guard) feet on earth(ground) but we say that the hope makes live and it is it which makes my strength. If I come until the U.S.A it is to work really hard because my level is late but I believe in my potential. I want to go to NY because I know the family of a friend for the accommodation(hosting) but you see I have no money(silver) and I know nobody in California. From more my English is very bad because I know only the school bases. But if I could go wherever I shall make him(it) but the money misses me! Do you know the best clubs about NY?
Thanks
Well if you train very hard it can happen. Just find the best gym you can in new york and train there. I dont know if you have an amateur record, but if you dont then just fight in the amateurs for like 2 years and then go professional if your trainer thinks your ready.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Saying I want to become "a big professional" implies to me that he wants to make it big. I ain't saying he can't turn pro, just that he shouldn't get his hopes up of ever become P4P No.1 or anything like that.
I dont think its a good idea to tell someone they shouldent get there hopes up, that kind of puts him down. He said he has 4 years of experience and hes gonna move all the way to new york just for boxing. That means hes very determined to go professional, and maybe he'll make it big who knows.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I dont think its a good idea to tell someone they shouldent get there hopes up, that kind of puts him down. He said he has 4 years of experience and hes gonna move all the way to new york just for boxing. That means hes very determined to go professional, and maybe he'll make it big who knows.
All I was saying is he shouldn't expect to make it really big all of a sudden. I never questioned his determination.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really thank you a lot because you are very helpful! The boxing is really the hardest sport of the world because even the world champions do not stop progressing! I find that well to be able to discuss with persons in the other end of the world! I do not know which are your projects but which God can help you to realize them.
If somebody knows the best clubs of NY that it is the kindness to send me names it would be very kind from its part!
Thank you very much
(PS: SJM where do you from?)

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
I really thank you a lot because you are very helpful! The boxing is really the hardest sport of the world because even the world champions do not stop progressing! I find that well to be able to discuss with persons in the other end of the world! I do not know which are your projects but which God can help you to realize them.
If somebody knows the best clubs of NY that it is the kindness to send me names it would be very kind from its part!
Thank you very much
Good luck :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thank you very much
Im from burbank, california. If you tell me the city ur gonna move to in new york, i can look up the close by gyms in that area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you very much "NFFC" and good luck to too.
I look for the best club of Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem but rather Brooklyn.
We spoke to me about the Gleason's gym in Brooklyn, have you already heard(understood) it spoken SJM?
How old are you SBJ?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Out of all the places you can live in america, why new york? Unless you know a really good boxing gym with good trainers in new york, i would move to southern california if i were you. Theres a gym in Hollywood called Wild Card Boxing. Freddie Roach owns the gym ( a VERY well known boxing trainer ). He currently trains Manny Paqcaio, Bobby Pacquiao, Bernard Hopkins, and James Toney. Thats probably the best boxing gym in the whole state so i really recommend going there. I go to a different gym but im gonna sign up there soon and go to both. And yeah you have a chance to make it as professional, but you gotta train hard to compete at that level.
You obviously have never heard of gleasons then :thumbsdown: the most known gym.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
new york has a lot of big gyms and new york has the biggest golden gloves. It's best to come to new york to get well known from that. Golden glove finalists go into madison square garden and they broadcast it on T.V. You suggesting California over new york is kinda like favoritism cause you don't know what new york brings to the table.

Goodluck and i do suggest coming to new york and going to Gleasons gym where some big professionals train and starret city gym where my trainer has seen people like Judah there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
new york has a lot of big gyms and new york has the biggest golden gloves. It's best to come to new york to get well known from that. Golden glove finalists go into madison square garden and they broadcast it on T.V. You suggesting California over new york is kinda like favoritism cause you don't know what new york brings to the table.

Goodluck and i do suggest coming to new york and going to Gleasons gym where some big professionals train and starret city gym where my trainer has seen people like Judah there.
LOL well i dont sit around and study on new york boxing gyms. I told him to come to california unless he knew a really good gym in new york. And you obviously havent heard of Wild Card Boxing, a lot of big names train there.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Obviously i have if i heard of Freddy Roach training Pacquiao in that gym living right next door just going to the back yard and climbing the steps to his gym :laugh: Just cause big names box there doesn't mean he'll be given a chance. They will have no time for an amateur they need to train the pros and then when they're ready they'll train him. You need to name places that people become known from not people who are known that go there.

I say New York will benefit him well. He knows people that can help him with language and possibly a place, job and money. A great boxing gym and an amazing golden glove community that gets broadcasted on t.v. IN Madison square garden. If you ask me thats a big deal

·
Registered
212 Posts
Obviously i have if i heard of Freddy Roach training Pacquiao in that gym living right next door just going to the back yard and climbing the steps to his gym :laugh: Just cause big names box there doesn't mean he'll be given a chance. They will have no time for an amateur they need to train the pros and then when they're ready they'll train him. You need to name places that people become known from not people who are known that go there.

I say New York will benefit him well. He knows people that can help him with language and possibly a place, job and money. A great boxing gym and an amazing golden glove community that gets broadcasted on t.v. IN Madison square garden. If you ask me thats a big deal
That last sentence makes no sense. I know a lot of amateurs that train there so i dont know what your talking about. I didnt say hes gonna literally train with Freddie Roach, but he can still train at that gym. And he probably could train with Freddie Roach if he can afford it.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
How'd my last sentence make no sense? "If you ask me, thats a big deal." It makes plenty of sense sorry for not adding a comma. Is that better...? He has stated he doesn't have that much money. Why meantion Freddy Roach. Ya credibility is great but money wise thats a lot. Freddy is a great man and i wish i trained with a guy like him. I wish i trained with him personally i know i'd benefit from him so well i'm sure any boxer would love to train with him. Money wise its a different story.

·
Registered
212 Posts
How'd my last sentence make no sense? "If you ask me, thats a big deal." It makes plenty of sense sorry for not adding a comma. Is that better...? He has stated he doesn't have that much money. Why meantion Freddy Roach. Ya credibility is great but money wise thats a lot. Freddy is a great man and i wish i trained with a guy like him. I wish i trained with him personally i know i'd benefit from him so well i'm sure any boxer would love to train with him. Money wise its a different story.
" You need to name places that people become known from not people who are known that go there. "... i meant that, dont act stupid.. I said it was a good gym to train at why are you starting another arguement over this.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts