Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But like all too many boxers he just didn't know when to quit - and started to believe his own hype. WHY did he take on Calzaghe and make such a fool of himself? A man's gotta know his limitations... A retirement is something you should choose with your own free will, not something you get beaten into.

His die-hard fans are busy making excuses for him, which is cute to see, but it does very little to cover up the true fact - he's a washed up has been who got too greedy.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
But like all too many boxers he just didn't know when to quit - and started to believe his own hype. WHY did he take on Calzaghe and make such a fool of himself? A man's gotta know his limitations... A retirement is something you should choose with your own free will, not something you get beaten into.

His die-hard fans are busy making excuses for him, which is cute to see, but it does very little to cover up the true fact - he's a washed up has been who got too greedy.
Nice response :laugh::thumbsup:.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts

Well he's allways been greedy ,but for some reason boxing has to be the hardest sport to retire from, and like you said it's something that needs to get beaten into a boxer ,more so if he's a champion, I don't agree though with your statement that Roy made a fool of himself ,I though that for his age, he gave a fair account of himself and rather than choose the easy way out and quit in his stool he took a man's way out and painfully hung in there to the end, that in it self it's worhty of respect win or loose, if you feel this way about roy , I can only inmagine what your gonna say about DLH if he looses..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts