Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But recently all I hear from him is "what more do I have to prove", what kind of talk is that?, does this man not want to be a legend?, Roy Jones was 50-1(but really 50-0 I believe the disqualification was useless)won titles from middleweight to heavyweight and never once did I hear him say, "i've done what I gotta do", "I don't have anything left to prove", B-hop certainly never said it, even when he was approaching 40years of age and was p4p no.1 and had just beaten a few ATG hall of fame names he still didn't say "i've done what I gotta do, I've got nothing left to prove". If Calzaghe truly believe this than he should go ahead and retire because the more he plays games the more he turns his own fans against him. Ray Robinson and Hopkins and Roy Jones all kept fighting until they felt they had nothing left to offer, not the other way around, Calzaghe is talking about having nothing left to prove, His skills havn't deteriorated in the least and he should continue fighting until he can't, Marciano stopped fighting for medical reasons alone! no protect his "0" like Floyd and Calzaghe and many of this generation of fighters seem to do, B-hop and Roy fought all comers that were considered no.1 contenders at the time, they didn't say "well I beat so and so before so I don't see why I gotta fight him". I'm still a fan of Calzaghe's but right now he's playing Mayweather type games and that only makes him look worse and worse.
Anyways Rant over/.:dunno:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just look at Cotto, when he had his "0" he was unbeatable and "always found a way to win", now because of one loss he has been "exposed"

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
But recently all I hear from him is "what more do I have to prove", what kind of talk is that?, does this man not want to be a legend?, Roy Jones was 50-1(but really 50-0 I believe the disqualification was useless)won titles from middleweight to heavyweight and never once did I hear him say, "i've done what I gotta do", "I don't have anything left to prove", B-hop certainly never said it, even when he was approaching 40years of age and was p4p no.1 and had just beaten a few ATG hall of fame names he still didn't say "i've done what I gotta do, I've got nothing left to prove". If Calzaghe truly believe this than he should go ahead and retire because the more he plays games the more he turns his own fans against him. Ray Robinson and Hopkins and Roy Jones all kept fighting until they felt they had nothing left to offer, not the other way around, Calzaghe is talking about having nothing left to prove, His skills havn't deteriorated in the least and he should continue fighting until he can't, Marciano stopped fighting for medical reasons alone! no protect his "0" like Floyd and Calzaghe and many of this generation of fighters seem to do, B-hop and Roy fought all comers that were considered no.1 contenders at the time, they didn't say "well I beat so and so before so I don't see why I gotta fight him". I'm still a fan of Calzaghe's but right now he's playing Mayweather type games and that only makes him look worse and worse.
Excellent post man. Now that's what I call REAL :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I feel you. I was a Calzaghe proponent, but his delusions of being on another level than the rest of humanity has run its course with me.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Chuuuch! :thumbsup: Its nice to know we have some REAL Calzaghe fans here :thumbsup:

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm still a fan of Calzaghe's
Of course you are just as I am a huge James Toney, or may god strike my tongue and make me sound like a pirate for the rest of this post Jim lad.

ARGGHHH ARGGGH (sqwark) there lad see nothin comes pass.

NICE up she rises POST early in thy mornin LAD.....ARGGHHH ye sails a straight conversation boy.

Shiver me timbers if I don't agree with ya ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

UNFURL THE JOLLY ROGER, EASY AS SHE GOES!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well if I wasn't a fan of Calzaghe why would I predict him to beat ROy Jones?, he's still quick and dangerous and one of the top10 light heavyweights in the world, he's gotta be good to outclass a top10 light heavyweight

G

·
Of course you are just as I am a huge James Toney, or may god strike my tongue and make me sound like a pirate for the rest of this post Jim lad.

NICE up she rises POST early in thy mornin LAD.....ARGGHHH ye sails a straight conversation boy.

LMAO! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts

·
Banned
1,305 Posts

OMG FELLA I DONT THINK EVEN I COULD HAVE DONE THAT ONE. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: That was so goddam hilarious.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's pretty stupid because I am a fan of Joe Calzaghe, I believe within 1month he will be the p4p no.1 fighter for the first time in his career

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
That's pretty stupid because I am a fan of Joe Calzaghe, I believe within 1month he will be the p4p no.1 fighter for the first time in his career
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if Pacquaio wins, obviously he stays atop the rankings, but if Oscar wins, it'll probably be him. After all, he does own Ring Magazine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.