Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The IBF has ordered IBF welterweight champion Joshua Clottey to begin negotiation of terms to defend his title against former IBF titlist Kermit Cintron. If an agreement can not be reached, a purse bid will be held at a future date.

Clottey's taking this.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Everything depends on Clottey. If he can take Cintron's power (which I think he can) he'll torture Cintron to a mid round stoppage

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I feel sorry for Cintron all ready he ain't got what it takes to move the armadillo, he get's knocked TFO again:laugh:

G

·
It's about time Clottey fought again. He's been mysteriously absent during all of the wild Welter talk as of late. This will be a fight Clottey will win and Cintron is still a top 10 Welter IMO. His only two losses are to the #1 rated welter out there. I'll watch it.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
It's about time Clottey fought again. He's been mysteriously absent during all of the wild Welter talk as of late. This will be a fight Clottey will win and Cintron is still a top 10 Welter IMO. His only two losses are to the #1 rated welter out there. I'll watch it.
Yup, its a solid scrap even though Clottey is the logical choice.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Cintron's manager is terrible. He keeps this kind of competition up and he won't last very long in this sport. Cintron needs to limit himself to beating on smaller men, like Margarito does. Difference between Margarito and Cintron being when they get in there with a larger man and take a beating, Margarito can actually TAKE the beating.

·
Registered
28 Posts
when his chin get's hit it's largely deflected. This man stood toe-to-toe with Margarito and took 1675 punches on his gloves without ever being stunned.
Not all those 1675 punches were deflected. cintron just needs 1. only one man has been able to stand up to his power. i don't think clottey is as tough as margo

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Y? all i said was i'm going for kermit. and he's capbale of stopping clottey with his power. never said fo sho he was gonna win
Here's why:

Clottey is the type of fighter that will let the other guy throw the best possible combinations he can. You will get to fully experience the best Cintron has to offer, and you will witness how it doesn't affect Clottey at all. Then you will see Clottey proceed to dismantle Cintron after he's spent himself.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts