Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word is that Wlad is actively looking for a replacement opponent for his original Decemeber date. Who would you guys like to see in that slot?

Unrealistically I'd like to see Valuev. He's looking for a fight in December, why not have another unification bout? Because they'd want to milk that one for at least 3 months after approving the fight. Not enough type to hype it up.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Its problaby gonna be somone like Juan Carlos Gomez or a rematch with Lamon Brewster and tbh i wouldnt be suprised to see Hasim Rahman or Andrew Golata in there aswell.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Hopefully its somone that will just take a risk and go after Wlad from round 1 and try to knock him out since i dont see anyone winning a boxing fight with Wlad they might aswell go allout.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I agree 100%, its the only way to beat Wlad. I don't think theres many in the current crop who have the guts to do it, which is a shame.

·
Registered
772 Posts
harrison wouldn't last 30 seconds and thats saying something. he should've stayed amateur at least he'd win a few titles that way....

if haye can take a punch at HW then he will be the one to beat Wlad but until then its snoozefest fights for the huge russian.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
It really is slim pickings, but I think Odlanier Solis or Alexander Dimitrenko would make good sense, especially from a logistical standpoint as both reside in Hamburg, Germany and should be able to stir up some interest. Juan Carlos Gomez would be my next choice and he's probably the most logical. I suppose he's deserving of the chance.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Maskaev: I'll step in for Povetkin!

Tuesday, October 28 2008

By Matt Richardson

After hearing that Alexander Povetkin pulled out and that current WBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko is looking for a new opponent for his next fight on December 13th, former WBC champion Oleg Maskaev said he'd be interested in the opportunity. Team Maskaev, however, expressed concern on Monday that they could be bypassed for the title shot by the man Maskaev knocked out twice, the second time for the title, former champ Hasim Rahman. The current IBF rankings include Povetkin at number one, Alexander Dimetrenko, who has a scheduled fight, at three (two is vacant), Rahman at four, recent Klitschko victim Sultan Ibragimov at five and Maskaev at six. "How is Rahman higher than Maskaev," asked Maskaev manager Fred Kesch. "Oleg knocked him out twice! Oleg has only lost one fight in 6 years, he just fought in front of over 100,000 people on Red Square in Moscow soundly beating Robert Hawkins. Zuri Lawrence, who gave Rahman life and death is one of our sparring partners. What has Rahman been doing lately? It seems absolutely absurd that Rahman gets to fight ahead of Maskaev. Oleg stopped Vitali when they were both amateur stars so Oleg and Wladimir is the perfect follow-up." No official decision has been made yet for a Klitschko opponent, though the champion has confirmed that he will go ahead with a fight on that date.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Maskaev: I'll step in for Povetkin!

Tuesday, October 28 2008

By Matt Richardson

After hearing that Alexander Povetkin pulled out and that current WBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko is looking for a new opponent for his next fight on December 13th, former WBC champion Oleg Maskaev said he'd be interested in the opportunity. Team Maskaev, however, expressed concern on Monday that they could be bypassed for the title shot by the man Maskaev knocked out twice, the second time for the title, former champ Hasim Rahman. The current IBF rankings include Povetkin at number one, Alexander Dimetrenko, who has a scheduled fight, at three (two is vacant), Rahman at four, recent Klitschko victim Sultan Ibragimov at five and Maskaev at six. "How is Rahman higher than Maskaev," asked Maskaev manager Fred Kesch. "Oleg knocked him out twice! Oleg has only lost one fight in 6 years, he just fought in front of over 100,000 people on Red Square in Moscow soundly beating Robert Hawkins. Zuri Lawrence, who gave Rahman life and death is one of our sparring partners. What has Rahman been doing lately? It seems absolutely absurd that Rahman gets to fight ahead of Maskaev. Oleg stopped Vitali when they were both amateur stars so Oleg and Wladimir is the perfect follow-up." No official decision has been made yet for a Klitschko opponent, though the champion has confirmed that he will go ahead with a fight on that date.
Maskaev will get killed.

·
Beautiful Man
3,552 Posts
And from my heart as a boxer.
Do not blame anyone because he is dominating a division

·
Registered
71 Posts
I can't really see this Heavyweight division going anywhere. Everyone is mediocre. Maybe the Klits could fight each other, though I know that would NEVER happen. What's left? D.Haye is about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts