Sugar Ray Leonard: 35-5
Muhammad Ali: 54-7
Thomas Hearns: 62-5
Larry Holmes: 72-3
Michael Spinks: 29-3
George Foreman: 73-6-1
Evander Holyfield: 41-10-2
James Toney: 71-5-3
holmes: 71-4. ( i thought norton should have won, i gave larry the 2 stinxs fights after just watching again though.

im gonna have to watch some fights again to get into this thread more but i think we've got a lil talking point to start though billy boy.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gave Larry the Jinxed fights and the Nielsen fight. I had Larry up by 2 points against Norton, the I thought Larry lost the last round, whcih 2 of the judges gave to Larry.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I gave Larry the Jinxed fights and the Nielsen fight. I had Larry up by 2 points against Norton, the I thought Larry lost the last round, whcih 2 of the judges gave to Larry.
i see you got evander with two draws there to bill, you seen the first lewis fight?

that was highway robbery! :)

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i see you got evander with two draws there to bill, you seen the first lewis fight?

that was highway robbery! :)

Oops, forgot to take that off, the Lewis draw I added to his losses, notice how Lewis has an extra win, and missing a draw. Fixed it.;)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Oops, forgot to take that off, the Lewis draw I added to his losses, notice how Lewis has an extra win, and missing a draw. Fixed it.;)
haha, cool bill.

that has to go down as one of the worst ever though.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the 2nd fight was closer. Evander almost took the ref out with a left hook.:laugh:

·
Registered
749 Posts
I don't always go with the Judges scoring when I first see the bout live, BUT there in the best position to judge any bout. Its a lot different when your judging at ringside as a judge then judging at home when your friends are talking to you. Also the commentators don't help, as they say things that will sway your way of scoring. Most, if not all of the Judges today, go through a lot of training on what to look for and how to properly score a bout, and most of them do a good job. When I have a problem with a decision, I will watch the bout over again, with the sound down and if possible, I will talk to some of the judges that actually did the judging.

On the 1st Holmes/Spinks bout, the Judges were:

Lawrence Wallace 145-142 (Spinks)
Dave Moretti 143-142 (Spinks)
Harold Lederman 145-142 (Spinks)

On the 2nd Holmes/Spinks bout, the Judges were:

Joe Cortez 141-144 (Holmes)
Frank Brunette 144-141 (Spinks)
Jerry Roth 144-142 (Spinks)

All these Judges are rated very high and that is the way they scored it. The only Judge that didn't Judge many bouts was Cortez, and he was the only one that voted for Holmes in either bout. If it went the other way around, some people would say that Spinks got robbed.

I liked Holmes more and more as he proved that he was surely one of the Greatest Heavyweight Champions ever.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't always go with the Judges scoring when I first see the bout live, BUT there in the best position to judge any bout. Its a lot different when your judging at ringside as a judge then judging at home when your friends are talking to you. Also the commentators don't help, as they say things that will sway your way of scoring. Most, if not all of the Judges today, go through a lot of training on what to look for and how to properly score a bout, and most of them do a good job. When I have a problem with a decision, I will watch the bout over again, with the sound down and if possible, I will talk to some of the judges that actually did the judging.

On the 1st Holmes/Spinks bout, the Judges were:

Lawrence Wallace 145-142 (Spinks)
Dave Moretti 143-142 (Spinks)
Harold Lederman 145-142 (Spinks)

On the 2nd Holmes/Spinks bout, the Judges were:

Joe Cortez 141-144 (Holmes)
Frank Brunette 144-141 (Spinks)
Jerry Roth 144-142 (Spinks)

All these Judges are rated very high and that is the way they scored it. The only Judge that didn't Judge many bouts was Cortez, and he was the only one that voted for Holmes in either bout. If it went the other way around, some people would say that Spinks got robbed.

I liked Holmes more and more as he proved that he was surely one of the Greatest Heavyweight Champions ever.

How did you score the fights Henry? Holmes-Spinks II is known as one of the worst decisions in history, the first fight mainly depended on how you score, if you score in favor of flurries (with little to no effect) or heavier shots that have a noticable effect.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
he should of never been dq, he should of won the fight by ko, he then destroys him again in 1 round, then when he beat tarver the first time he would of retired 50 - 0 and never fought again. He would of enver been knocked out but because of the L on his record, he went ahead and did so. Just like larry holmes, if he would of reached 50 and 0, which is should of thought by many, then he would of never fought again either.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
he should of never been dq, he should of won the fight by ko, he then destroys him again in 1 round, then when he beat tarver the first time he would of retired 50 - 0 and never fought again. He would of enver been knocked out but because of the L on his record, he went ahead and did so. Just like larry holmes, if he would of reached 50 and 0, which is should of thought by many, then he would of never fought again either.

I agree, the DQ was a BS call, Roy should have been warned, a point taken away tops...

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
There should be a rule that if you lose a fight and then come back immediately and avenge that fight in one round, the los is taken off your resume haha. Imagine the rematches we would have lol.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think montell faked it a little. But oh well. it is what it is.
John Ruiz is the king of faking/acting, if it is with in 8 inches of the belt he will pretend it was a low blow.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There should be a rule that if you lose a fight and then come back immediately and avenge that fight in one round, the los is taken off your resume haha. Imagine the rematches we would have lol.
LOL, we would have a ton more Hagler-Hearns type rounds.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
haha round 1 of every rematch would be the ****, we'd have to make sure all rematches arent ppv because of the length.

John Ruiz is the king of fakers. He's one of the worst hw's of all time, i give jones credit for beating him but he was pretty sorry.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I give Roy credit for winning a version of the heavyweight crown, and I don't give him much for beating Ruiz...thats not a major accomplishment. Really, you shouldn't be proud his name is on your record, and it is A TON worse if there is an "L" or [T]KO'd next to your name against him.

And 1 round of every rematch would make the heavyweights today look like they might have trained for 2 weeks straight...in a gym, not pizza hut or Burger King.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
yeah i hear ya, I definently give credit for jones winning a heavyweight crown/belt. I mean i dont expect him to beat a lennox lewis but the fact that he beat a true heavyweight was impressive none the least. And lately I was thinking the same thing bill, Everytime I watch friday night fights, all I ever see is out of shape, fat, sloopy heavyweights that are simply blown up cruisers or lightheavies. Its rediculous.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts