Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Berto wins VERY convincingly against Forbes (like dominate in all rounds or knockout) How much will he gain from the win? Keep in mind that DLH coudlnt KO forbes, and really i thought every round forbes was at least competitive in. If berto wins by a huge margin or KO, will you guys rate him higher then DLH or what?

Im just curious how much this win might be worth to Berto in the eyes of the fans.

-Ian

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I'm berto's biggest fan but he'll gain nothing by beating forbes. If he knocks him out, his power will be talked about even more but he'll gain nothing really by winning because forbes doesnt compare to any of the top welterweights.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
agreed, berto winning won't prove anything. this is a fight where Berto can really let loose and but his talents on display, not having to worry about a lot of fire power comming back at him. A KO would be a nice touch though. I'm looking forward to it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
If Berto wins VERY convincingly against Forbes (like dominate in all rounds or knockout) How much will he gain from the win? Keep in mind that DLH coudlnt KO forbes, and really i thought every round forbes was at least competitive in. If berto wins by a huge margin or KO, will you guys rate him higher then DLH or what?

Im just curious how much this win might be worth to Berto in the eyes of the fans.

-Ian
Good thread idea. I'll say this first: It depends on whether Forbes comes to fight or comes to spar, just as much as it matters what Berto looks like. Oscar was straight garbage against Forbes. Pacquiao beats that Oscar. Yeah I said it, and I mean it.

Now, if Forbes comes to win and Berto clowns him (highly doubtful) I'll start believing in Berto a lot more. I still will think he's too small though. This fight is NOT a layup for Berto. I give Berto the nod because I don't think Forbes can even come close to hurting him which is necessary to beat Berto.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
A stoppage win is the only thing would impress me by Berto. Other than that it's an expected win. That really doesn't mean much. Forbes is not a player in the 147 division

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
A stoppage win is the only thing would impress me by Berto. Other than that it's an expected win. That really doesn't mean much. Forbes is not a player in the 147 division
I agree to an extent, but if Berto clowns him over 12 I will be impressed. By "clown" I mean like Floyd-Gatti, but over 12 rounds.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
An impressive kayo win would defenetly impress the public and increase his status, while a drag out back and forward will do nothing to inhance his rep, he needs to win big in order to move up the latter...

G

·
I'll be impressed if he stops him. I'm expecting a lop-sided decision so anything other than a stoppage isn't that good.

G

·
Yeah but what if Berto absolutely dominates Forbes without stopping him? That will impress me. It is almost like you're preparing to give Berto zero credit. I could be wrong. Just saying, homie.
I suppose I will be impressed if he dominates him. It still proves very little of how he's going to cope with the elite welters though.

I'm more looking forward to see Mosley again. They're showing it over here so I'll not have to watch a shitty stream which is always good.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I suppose I will be impressed if he dominates him. It still proves very little of how he's going to cope with the elite welters though.

I'm more looking forward to see Mosley again. They're showing it over here so I'll not have to watch a shitty stream which is always good.
Oh hell yeah I can't wait for Mosley-Mayorga. I was really excited when Shane announced that he was going to get right back in the ring to fight Judah. That told me that he is interested in making one final run at being the man again. We all know Judah screwed him over with the whole shower door incident. I expect Shane to look great against Mayorga and campaign like a madman to get a fight with Margarito.

G

·
Oh hell yeah I can't wait for Mosley-Mayorga. I was really excited when Shane announced that he was going to get right back in the ring to fight Judah. That told me that he is interested in making one final run at being the man again. We all know Judah screwed him over with the whole shower door incident. I expect Shane to look great against Mayorga and campaign like a madman to get a fight with Margarito.
I was just as pissed off when Judah pulled that stunt. He knew what he was in for and cowarded out. If Shane looks good in this fight I'm probably picking him to beat Margarito.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts