Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

yes or no?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mayweather still has not fought Cotto should Joe be considered #1 P4P in the world?

IMO yes, he'd have owned the best from 3 weight classes in his last 3 fights.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
If Calz beats Hopkins in dominating fashion hes number 1 in my book, and if he beats Pavlik aswell? Well then Maywaether beating Cotto wont even take that spot from him.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If Calz beats Hopkins in dominating fashion hes number 1 in my book, and if he beats Pavlik aswell? Well then Maywaether beating Cotto wont even take that spot from him.
I agree Brutus, he'll be #1 on my list tonight if he looks good too. He should claim the #2 spot on the ring list aswell.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only if all what you said culminates before Mayweather fights Cotto, or if FM loses.
Id say there is a very realistic chance of this happening.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
119 Posts
I think the ring will put the winner of this one at no.3 on their list as there's no way they're gonna displace floyd or Pac-man from the top two. They're very loathe to change their ratings. IMO they're all pretty level, tho Floyd has accomplished more over the course of his career so probably deserves no.1. If Pac-Man beats Diaz then Hatton tho, you've got a new p4p no.1 right there.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Beating Kessler,Bhop,Pavlik > Haton, Dlh and Cotto by a mile imo and fighters should be ranked on their recent acompliments(sp? :p)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beating Kessler,Bhop,Pavlik > Haton, Dlh and Cotto by a mile imo and fighters should be ranked on their recent acompliments(sp? :p)
I agree completly, pbf done well to get to the top but he's not doing a whole lot to stay there.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I dunno, it's not as if Hatton, and Cotto are easy targets (tho of course Hatton should have been at 140). And the disadvantage for floyd moving to 154 size wise was considerable. I do think that Kessler, Bhop, Pavlik is slightly harder but Floyd's opponents aren't exactly bums. Recent accomplishments should obviously figure highly, but until floyd gets beaten or seriously ducks Miguel Cotto, then i don't think he should lose p4p no.1 status. I personally think right now, pac-man is better than him, but p4p no.1 is about more than that. It takes a lot to earn it and so should mean a lot more than a title that's just passed around to the flavour of the month (bear in mind calzaghe is my all time fave fighter).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its just business FM will never see another payday like the De la Hoya rematch in his life. Its actually a smart move that might be misinterpreted as a coward move. Making money has alot to do with timing, you gotta get while goings good.
After he banks off the OD fight, the next biggest fight will be Cotto.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
No pound for pound is just about whos better.. The reason to use their accomplishments(recent ones) is to base it, tahts why the ones fighting bums and looking very impressive arent ranked as high even if theyre better..

·
Registered
540 Posts
I think Joe & Maywether are the 2 best p4p,maywether got there by winning over Hatton.Now lets say if Joe wins tonight he right there 2.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If Joe beats B-Hop he's #2 P4P. By the time he fights Pavlik, Floyd will probably have a 2nd victory over Oscar (not a great accomplishment but enough to keep his spot).
I feel the same way. A win over Oscar still means something

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It means nothing IMO, he already has a "W" over him and he has worthy contenders he could be fighting at 147, the place he claims to rule.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.