Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
PBF would get beaten by Winky. Hatton would have a better chance than most think too, something that was lacking from DLHs fight was a good, consistent body attack. Thats basically Hatton's specialty. Once Floyd had taken a few big body shots i think he would get unsettled and start making mistakes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
PhillyFightGame said:
I'd still like to see PBF fight some stiffer competition from here on out. He needs to fight Cotto, Hatton, or get Winky to come down in weight. I still say a match between he and Winky would be quite riveting, as it would be furious non stop punching.
The bit about Winky was in reply to that^
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
sum1 said:
Nope. Antonio Margarito. floyd has been ducking him for a while already.
if margie beats williams floyd should fight him, floyd must think we've all forgot about his constant ducking of tony.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
tommygunn said:
if margie beats williams floyd should fight him, floyd must think we've all forgot about his constant ducking of tony.
I think this is why floyd wants to retire!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
if he smart he will retire his style much like Jones is based on speed and reflexes and thats the first thing that goes. ( we al know what happen to the invinsible Roy Jones)Let face it he doesn't have much pop in his shots and the defense looked weak at times against a 34 yeard old 90's guy. I magine what a sharp,hard punching guy like Clottey would do over 12 rounds let alone Berto and there is more out there Williams with his height and reach margie with lots of Punches and a steel chin and iron will he better go in to the night. so he can tell himself that he is the greatest and surround himself with a bunch of Floyd lovers!!! I guess money can buy a guy friends.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
floyd had no answers when oscar was "flurrying", just imagine margie who can do that for 3 minutes a round for 12 rounds. floyd would be owned.

probably another 90's guy next in mosley for floyd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
tysonjones said:
i saw delahoya hurt plenty of times, i thought he was going to go if floyd landed a few more body shots, he has more pop than you think, he had more than delahoya tonight.

lol you thought he was going to go? go where? all that happened was yo boy running scared allllllll night. hey i got an idea how about yo go and watch it again and look at there faces and tell me which one looked worse. lol hmmmmmm interesting???? neither of them did anything. in boxing if you want a belt you have to BEAT.... yes i said BEAT a boxer.... Mayweather ran... DLH chased but did nothing in return. you don't RUN when your after a belt.... sorry your boy didn't win... Oscar didn't win.. but like someone said in this blog ya boy smiled ALOT.. and thats a tell sign of being punched/hurt. I'm not saying in any way that DLH had him hurt or almost had him knocked out. But Mayweather by far did not hurt him or do anything else but run. you don't get/deserve belts for running. Very Disappointing night, and no just because of the results but because of nothing happening but a guy running scared of the other guys power. end of story... even Mayweather Sr. spoke the truth about the fight with disappointed expressions.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
windowguy said:
if he smart he will retire his style much like Jones is based on speed and reflexes and thats the first thing that goes. ( we al know what happen to the invinsible Roy Jones)Let face it he doesn't have much pop in his shots and the defense looked weak at times against a 34 yeard old 90's guy. I magine what a sharp,hard punching guy like Clottey would do over 12 rounds let alone Berto and there is more out there Williams with his height and reach margie with lots of Punches and a steel chin and iron will he better go in to the night. so he can tell himself that he is the greatest and surround himself with a bunch of Floyd lovers!!! I guess money can buy a guy friends.
He lacks power at 154. Remember he is a natural lightweight, maybe welter. The guys you mentioned would be pointless for Floyd to fight. He is the "man" right now and should only fight big names.

Seriously though...He would OWN Margarito. I would bet anyone here 5000 on that fight. I'm talking dollars as well.
 

·
Mental Midget
Joined
·
4,170 Posts
tommygunn said:
if margie beats williams floyd should fight him, floyd must think we've all forgot about his constant ducking of tony.
Thats the problem, he wont get past Paul the Punisher.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
Captainobvious99 said:
Thats the problem, he wont get past Paul the Punisher.
it makes for a cracker captain.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
He lacks power at 154. Remember he is a natural lightweight, maybe welter. The guys you mentioned would be pointless for Floyd to fight. He is the "man" right now and should only fight big names.

Seriously though...He would OWN Margarito. I would bet anyone here 5000 on that fight. I'm talking dollars as well.
how does floyd own anybody?

his running away style wont let him own anyone.

jabjabrunjabrunrunsmilejabrun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
He lacks power at 154. Remember he is a natural lightweight, maybe welter. The guys you mentioned would be pointless for Floyd to fight. He is the "man" right now and should only fight big names.

Seriously though...He would OWN Margarito. I would bet anyone here 5000 on that fight. I'm talking dollars as well.
He would own Margarito?!?!?! Is that why he's been ducking him for so long???? He's afraid to, ahem, "own" him?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
tommygunn said:
how does floyd own anybody?

his running away style wont let him own anyone.

jabjabrunjabrunrunsmilejabrun
floyd's place is on a race track, not a boxing ring. He's ran more miles then Gail Devers!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
He lacks power at 154. Remember he is a natural lightweight, maybe welter. The guys you mentioned would be pointless for Floyd to fight. He is the "man" right now and should only fight big names.

Seriously though...He would OWN Margarito. I would bet anyone here 5000 on that fight. I'm talking dollars as well.
I would bet you $5000 but i don't think you can count that high.
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
That sounds kind of childish sum1. I would say floyd would beat margarito the same way he beats everyone, but i would put it closer to a more action fight like floyd did against gatti. Margarito is a pretty open target, especially to the body and is slower than oscar and gatti. Floyds resume is much more impressive the margarito. As for clottey, and berto. I dont know for sure. I dont think clottey would beat him but as for berto. That guys a monster, i see him being able to beat mayweather if he catches him at around the age of 35 or 36, but mayweathers experience would most likely beat him at this point in his career.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
205 Posts
THat was kinda childish. I take that back. just trying to be funny, thats all. I'm not going to say that Margarito will beat floyd because you do bring up good points. But i honestly believe that if they were to face each other, it would be the usual run tactic that floyd has. I see Margarito chasing him trying to make the fight and i see floyd throwing his one punch, stepping back and running, which would turn out to be a victory for floyd.
 
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
Top