Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
maybe top 9 or 10 and pac would only go down to 2nd or 3rd. hatton is a one weight champ and great in there, but if he beats p4p number 1 it doesn't make him any higher than 9 imo since pac is a multi world champ and 140 is the most i would think he could fight in. 147 he would not be able to cope with the best. i mean williams at 6 2 vs pacman would look funny.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Probably the lower spots somewhere between 7-9, although I'm not sure if I'd even put him there. It would all depend on how the fight played out. If he beat it using crisp punching and an effective gameplan without getting cut up all to pieces, I'd put him there, but if it were a wrestling match where it was obvious he only won because of his size advantage, I'd be much less impressed...and don't forget that I am a Hatton fan. It's hard for me to imagine a guy in the top 10 P4P looking like he did just removed from the Lazcano fight.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
It depends on how the fight rolls, I mean, if Pacquiao looks to be much weaker and smaller than Hatton and loses a close decision, I dont even know if I'd put Hatton in the top10..a KO and a dominating performance would make his case stronger, then he'd crack the list...

Hey Matty, whos that in our avatar?

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
??????......Id say around 6th or 7th.
If Hatton wins he goes to whatever position Pac ,man holds at the time of the fight at the moment he's #1 in my book

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
If Hatton wins he goes to whatever position Pac ,man holds at the time of the fight at the moment he's #1 in my book
You can't be serious. I mean I would like to see him at #1 but no way on Gods green earth would he go from out of the top 10 to #1. I think he would fit nicely at #6 or #7.

·
8,579 Posts
You can't be serious. I mean I would like to see him at #1 but no way on Gods green earth would he go from out of the top 10 to #1. I think he would fit nicely at #6 or #7.
To be the man you gotta beat the man in my book. Unless the man ducks fight ya which has happened as we all know

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
in this case i agree. hatton is the 140 king and he is expected to beat pacman. well after the diaz fight now people are starting to realise that pac is actually a big guy and is not that much smaller than hatton at all. he's the same height and i think he has longer arms. i remember people laughing at the diea of hatton vs pac but when i did research they were pretty similar and it wouldn't be a far off possibilty. anyway i don't feel you can jump so many places to number 1 after ebating the number 1 because there are others that still may have achieved more and be able to beat them.

if hatton beats pac, then he may go in the top 10. because i know full well if hatton moved up 1 division there is someone called cotto and many more at 147 that would kick his ass.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
To be the man you gotta beat the man in my book. Unless the man ducks fight ya which has happened as we all know
er hatton's father is talking about a fight in 2009 with pac. so i don't think he is ducking

·
8,579 Posts
er hatton's father is talking about a fight in 2009 with pac. so i don't think he is ducking
Neither Pac nor Hatton will duck anyone both like to fight too much lol

G

·
No way Hatton goes to #1. That's like saying if Gomez upset Cotto he'd be top 5! It all depends on what other fights take place but I'd say he could be between #7-10 depending on how he looks.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Lets just ask this, Did tarver go from number 1 p4p after beating jones? Hell no

Hatton doesnt move a bit because pac is a much smaller man. Hatton should win this fight, however he's going to get smashed. And Pac solidifies his legacy.

·
Registered
472 Posts
also have to take into consideration how one fighter won the fight. did he beat him every round consistently or just get that 1 big shot in? and how do you value each outcome?? sure both are wins but i think some mean more if they are achieved in a certain way.

G

·
Lets just ask this, Did tarver go from number 1 p4p after beating jones? Hell no

Hatton doesnt move a bit because pac is a much smaller man. Hatton should win this fight, however he's going to get smashed. And Pac solidifies his legacy.
he should win the fight, but hes going to get smashed , explain? you dont rate hatton, so why should he win?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts