Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

If oscar and floyd fight who will win.

If oscar and floyd fight who will win.

4K views 62 replies 20 participants last post by  TommyGunn 
#1 ·
oscar wins this by stoppage that left hook is the best in the business, i still see people righting oscar off i thought they would have learned after he dismantled mayorga.

#3 ·
PBF a little too quick

I'm gonna say Floyd would win a close ud, only because Oscar is a little too inactive (rusty) to contend with Floyd's speed. Floyd's defense would also limit the damage done by Oscar's left hook.

I think if Hopkins could beat Oscar, then Floyd certainly would be able to do likewise, without the knockdown/knockout.

#4 ·
Jetcar said:
I'm gonna say Floyd would win a close ud, only because Oscar is a little too inactive (rusty) to contend with Floyd's speed. Floyd's defense would also limit the damage done by Oscar's left hook.

I think if Hopkins could beat Oscar, then Floyd certainly would be able to do likewise, without the knockdown/knockout.
inactivnes could play a part i think oscar has only fought mayorga in the past 2 years but ive read that he's having some real quality sparing with the likes of b-hop, barrera and demarcus hopkins, obviously this is no substitute for a real fight but with these guy's in oscars camp thats real quality.

im not gonna compare mayorga to mayweather because there a league apart but oscar did look the dogs in those 6 rounds.

#6 ·
Definetly Floyd. Oscars my favorite boxer but there is no way he can win. What advantage does he have over Floyd? Not speed, skill, talent, or technique. Maybe power with his left hook but I doubt Oscar could ever catch him with it.

As for "dismantling" Mayorga give me a break. Mayorga was a easy comeback fight for Oscar. Coincedence that Trinidad chose the same fighter to make his comeback out of retirement? I think not. Mayorga is boxing equivelent to a heel in wrestling so beating him would look good and not be very difficult cause he has no skill whatsoever.

Floyd would have to win by decision because Oscars chin is one of the best in boxing and I doubt he could be knocked out. (In the hopkins fight I feel like Oscar stayed down to avoid further punishment. Probably wise or he could of ended up like Trinidad when he fought Hopkins.)

#8 ·
Off Fightnews

Oscar-Floyd is on for May 5!
By Karl Freitag
Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather have reached an agreement to fight on May 5. The fight was finalized today. The bout will be promoted by Golden Boy Promotions. "We are not going to comment what the deal is," Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer told Fightnews.com. "It's a fair deal and if the pay-per-view hits the numbers which we anticipate it will, it will be new record payday for both guys.....It's going to be big. It's clearly the biggest fight in boxing and I think it's the kind of fight which will transcend and which will clearly capture the interest of the American public and the American sports fans, because it is Mayweather pound-for-pound number one fighter in the sport against Oscar, the most popular and biggest name in the sport. Actually I was looking today at my trophy case, Oscar's trophy case in our office and I was standing in front of one of the belts which was a ring belt that had 'Oscar De La Hoya, pound for pound' on it, and it was 1997. So here we are ten years later and the question is, can he do it again?"

#10 ·
Go Oscar

I like Floyd
I like Oscar

I hate it that Floyd is such a defensive minded fighter (I don’t blame him but from a fans point of view) I HATE IT
So that being the case I have to root for Oscar I actually want Floyd to be KO’d so that we can see more Floyd fights.
I feel that if he was to loose he would not retire.

#12 ·
To beat Floyd I think it takes a fighter like Hatton.
A relentless attack from start to finish.
A dirty fighter like B-hop lots of head bunts and elbows
A fighter like JCChaves Sr. to hit on the hips like he hit sweep pee.

I can't see Floyd loosing to a boxer.

#13 ·
If Oscar is sparring with the fighters that he promotes then Floyd is really in seriuos s***. sparring with B-Hop and Winky and then with Mosely to defend against speed. Wow Floyd is in for a real fight I dont think he will be that pretty when this one is over.

#14 ·
Jetcar said:

Couldnt have said it better myself. Exactly how I see it playing out as well.

#15 ·
You Can Say All You Want About How Oscar Can Use Those Elite Boxers As Sparring Partners But When It Comes To Being In The Ring With Floyd Its A Whole Different Ball Game. Much Faster,defensive Skills, Everything. It'll Be Close But Floyd Will Come Out Victorious. And If They Do A 2nd And 3rd Fight It Better Have Some Brawls If Not There Just There For The Money.

#17 ·
I dunno, don't under estimate the golden boy, I agree with most of you that floyd is faster, better defence etc. but i think oscar is full of suprises and that left hook is still pretty deadly and quick maybe even equal to PBF speed and defence, whose training oscar anyways? is it floyd Sr. cause that would be a bonus

#19 ·
gotta go with oscar. big left hook could land in 12 reounds and ko floyd. Floyd has never been in a fight as big as this but hoya has. floyd will try and outbox him but hoya can also make fights his fights. Hoya will work the jab but also use combinations that will rock floyd. Come the 6th round hoya could land a left hook which sends floyd to the canvas. floyd gets a standing 8 count and carrys on. come the 11 round hoyas power will show and some how will ko floyd. 11 round kayo

#21 ·
I thought Floyd Sr. said he would step back if de la Hoya were ever to fight Floyd Jr.? Are they so estranged at this point that Floyd Sr would be in the corner of the man who is going to beat his boy?

#22 ·
I dont think de la hoya is going to beat floyd SCREWPOST. and i think thats going to give floyd more motivation to come forward and give oscar a heck of a fight. why all you people saying that de la hoya is going to knock out floyd,just because he is so powerful. what about baldomir, didnt he weigh like 180lbs. before a fight and must loss the weigh. Everyone would say how baldomir would give him hell with his power punches but floyd took them well. I think de la hoya has more of speed but i dont think floyd would get ko'ed. i think he'll throw punches right back and give him a fight.

#23 ·
dmedal said:
I dont think de la hoya is going to beat floyd SCREWPOST. and i think thats going to give floyd more motivation to come forward and give oscar a heck of a fight. why all you people saying that de la hoya is going to knock out floyd,just because he is so powerful. what about baldomir, didnt he weigh like 180lbs. before a fight and must loss the weigh. Everyone would say how baldomir would give him hell with his power punches but floyd took them well. I think de la hoya has more of speed but i dont think floyd would get ko'ed. i think he'll throw punches right back and give him a fight.
Well first off, I was being cheeky ending with "beating his boy". :cheeky4:
Second, there's a poll above that's got it close in the opinions of those on here that have responded.

What you guys don't know is I went to visit a psychic and she says Floyd will break his girlie hands by round 2, break into tears in his corner between rounds 6 and 7 and then lose to a UD like de la Hoya did to Trinidad. In the post-fight interview, a sulking Mayweather will continue to whine about "Not being appreciated" to Larry Merchant. When Larry attempts to disagree to console Mayweather, Floyd will burst into a full-on crying fit and throw his best shot landing square at Merchant's forehead. It won't knock Larry down, but for the remainder of his life he'll keep repeating something about "trying to chop down the old grandfather clock". Mayweather will retire in disgrace but come back later with a successful series of workout videos with "Hip-Hop Honey's" Game girls.

Comparing Baldomir to de la Hoya is, of course, apples and oranges.

#24 ·
well the poll only has one more for de la hoya, so it doesnt do anything for use to learn de la hoya can win.he can win rounds but floyd will dominate if not thats his climax to his career and the golden boy has his retire plan gone perfectly well. but we can discuss all we want but until may 5 we will find out. i have IT for floyd (UD)

#25 ·
Screwpost what in the hell are you talking about? Larry Merchants head movement is too good for floyd to land a punch on him.

How can Oscar win? I just don't see it. Floyd is better in every aspect except probably power. What does de la hoya have over Floyd is what I am asking.

#26 ·
I ride the short bus. Mommy says I'm special just like my necklace

sliznut said:
Screwpost what in the hell are you talking about? Larry Merchants head movement is too good for floyd to land a punch on him.
:laugh: :thumbsup:

sliznut said:
How can Oscar win? I just don't see it. Floyd is better in every aspect except probably power. What does de la hoya have over Floyd is what I am asking.
You mean besides balls, heart, strength, skill, intelligence and a height, weight and reach advantage? Hmmnn.. I'll have to think about it. :cool:

For every fighter there's at least one who has their number. I think de la Hoya has it.

Floyd is painting himself into a corner. How's he going to beat de la Hoya? On pot-shot points. I'm hearing more and more Floyd fans getting over the "Oohhs" and "Aahhs" of his cleverness. If he repeats that same "boxing ballerina" act (didn't you just loooove the white leather with pink trim trunks?), that he did against Baldomir, I suspect he'll lose more fans. In some way Floyd is destined to lose something in this next fight.

Of course I'm hoping de la Hoya will cut the ring off and cream the crap out of him. If de la Hoya doesn't pull it off, I'm going to quit smoking, start training, (my avatar is a photo of moi btw), and go knock PBF out myself! :cheeky4:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.