Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If pacquiao wins his fight with De La Hoya........

1. Does he exceed what RJ did at Heavyweight

and

2. whats next for pacquiao?

1. i think yes in terms of opponent (De La Hoya > John Ruiz) but no in terms of weight, its harder for a natural middleweight to fight at Heavyweight.... then a natural flyweight fighting at Welterweight.

2. Pacquiao will fight Hatton or maybe a come back for PBF?

i know this is probably not going to happen, but hey this is boxing and anything can happen..... i mean PBF beat Hatton (just kidding:laugh:)

but can you imagine the PPV sales of a Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao fight?

wow that would have to break a new record, :laugh:

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Yes it defenetly would, Jones was at he peak of his powers when he met Ruiz and Ruiz never was and still isn't a isn't a great fighter the only outstanding thing about him was his heart, but beyond that he had little to work with, average speed ,little power, basic thecnique.
On the other hand, contrary as to what a lot of guys here think DLH is still relatively young and more than capable to handle anybody in his weight division, if the fight becomes competive is because DLH will allow it, other wise he'll turn it on if Paquiao becomes too brave for his own good..

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it defenetly would, Jones was at he peak of his powers when he met Ruiz and Ruiz never was and still isn't a isn't a great fighter the only outstanding thing about him was his heart, but beyond that he had little to work with, average speed ,little power, basic thecnique.
On the other hand, contrary as to what a lot of guys here think DLH is still relatively young and more than capable to handle anybody in his weight division, if the fight becomes competive is because DLH will allow it, other wise he'll turn it on if Paquiao becomes too brave for his own good..
great post......... but i disagree with DLH being able to handle anybody in the divsion.... for example the top tier of the welterweight division would give DLH alot of trouble nowadays..... but i don't believe Pac-man can do this but i'm just asking the question what if......:thumbsup:

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
great post......... but i disagree with DLH being able to handle anybody in the divsion.... for example the top tier of the welterweight division would give DLH alot of trouble nowadays..... but i don't believe Pac-man can do this but i'm just asking the question what if......:thumbsup:
Your right, guys like Clottey,and Cotto would defenetly give him a real hard time, to say nothing about Margarito who he so blatantly avoided..

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your right, guys like Clottey,and Cotto would defenetly give him a real hard time, to say nothing about Margarito who he so blatantly avoided..
haha..... tell me about it.... Margarito is now the most avoided fighter in boxing..........but imagine pacquiao beating DLH and then stepping in the ring with margarito?

that has blood bath written all over it. :laugh:

G

·
I think it would top it. As Hugo pointed out Ruiz was garbage. It was still a great achievement to go up 2 divisions and win a world title. DLH can still give the elite fighters from 147-154 a serious challenge so Pacquiao beating him would be almost unthinkable to me. I just don't see how he could pull it off.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
haha..... tell me about it.... Margarito is now the most avoided fighter in boxing..........but imagine pacquiao beating DLH and then stepping in the ring with margarito?

that has blood bath written all over it. :laugh:
All thoug that would be amusing, it's an inpossibility, Paquiao is allredy dwarfted by DLH and Margs is even taller, it would be a sanctioned crime

I think it would top it. As Hugo pointed out Ruiz was garbage. It was still a great achievement to go up 2 divisions and win a world title. DLH can still give the elite fighters from 147-154 a serious challenge so Pacquiao beating him would be almost unthinkable to me. I just don't see how he could pull it off.
It's gonna take nothing short of a miracle for pacman to pull off the upset, who knows but I highly doutit, all thru boxing history the good big man has allways kicked the good little man's ass, on paper is just very unlikely , if theres no foul play involved and DLH is weakened by the weight loss, there's a very small possibility, but if he rehydrates to over 15 of Paquiaos lbs, that would be bad news for Pacman...

G

·
All thoug that would be amusing, it's an inpossibility, Paquiao is allredy dwarfted by DLH and Margs is even taller, it would be a sanctioned crime

It's gonna take nothing short of a miracle for pacman to pull off the upset, who knows but I highly doutit, all thru boxing history the good big man has allways kicked the good little man's ass, on paper is just very unlikely , if theres no foul play involved and DLH is weakened by the weight loss, there's a very small possibility, but if he rehydrates to over 15 of Paquiaos lbs, that would be bad news for Pacman...
I thought Pac would have limited the weight DLH could rehydrate to in the contract. That would have been a wise thing to do. Pac's got a big heart and he'll try to put on a good show for the fans which could result in him getting KTFO.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I thought Pac would have limited the weight DLH could rehydrate to in the contract. That would have been a wise thing to do. Pac's got a big heart and he'll try to put on a good show for the fans which could result in him getting KTFO.
it certainly would have been the smart and fair thing to do, who knows if Pacman's handlers were smart enough to ask for that, most likely he and his people were blinded by the zeros at the bottom of the contract:laugh:I'm sure he'll give it his all, I mean what other alternative does he have, to box from the out side:laugh: yeah right ...

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:laugh: well whether pac gets knocked out in the first, third, fifth or even a UD.... the Millions will help cure the pain.

G

·
it certainly would have been the smart and fair thing to do, who knows if Pacman's handlers were smart enough to ask for that, most likely he and his people were blinded by the zeros at the bottom of the contract:laugh:I'm sure he'll give it his all, I mean what other alternative does he have, to box from the out side:laugh: yeah right ...
That's what it is man, they were always going to accept any offer after DLH bluffed that he was going to fight someone else.

:laugh: well whether pac gets knocked out in the first, third, fifth or even a UD.... the Millions will help cure the pain.
Yep, and who can blame him? :thumbsup:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i wouldn't pacman deserves a payoff after some of the shows he's given us.... my respect for pacquiao is a thousand times more then that of PBF's at least pacquiao still wants to fight.....

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
That's what it is man, they were always going to accept any offer after DLH bluffed that he was going to fight someone else.

Yep, and who can blame him? :thumbsup:
Yeap they saw those millions flying away so when DLH came back to the table they stumble over each other to grab a pen and sign and forgot about everything else, it may cost them big time...

i wouldn't pacman deserves a payoff after some of the shows he's given us.... my respect for pacquiao is a thousand times more then that of PBF's at least pacquiao still wants to fight.....
I just hope for his sake he lives to enjoy it...Dlh hits pretty hard and all it takes is one good shot to burst a blood vain inside your brain....

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i don't think pacquiao is too much out of his depth... to get brain damage... but i hope he comes out the fight as well.....

and i also hope he can go back down to 135 without any problems... i love watching pacquiao fight... he is truely one of the greatest warriors to step foot in a ring and by far the best phillpino guy to ever throw his dukes up in the ring.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Pacquiao would definitely top RJ with a win over Oscar. The weight gain might not be as substantial, but the quality of the opponent is so much higher even if this isn't the prime De La Hoya and the odds are really stacked against him. I've never been that impressed with Jones' win over Ruiz. He handpicked the worst possible guy that somehow had a belt and he beat him. It was a convincing win and I give him credit for doing it and being able to fight at that weight, but it really wasn't as big of a deal as everybody made it. Stanley Ketchel moving up to fight Jack Johnson it certainly was not.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i agree, as i said i feel the opponent is of a better quality but the move isn't as hard.... considering heavyweight is within reason an endless weight limit...

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i agree, as i said i feel the opponent is of a better quality but the move isn't as hard.... considering heavyweight is within reason an endless weight limit...
Exactly and jones was still at a 30 pound disadvantage whereas pac will most likely weigh in the same as oscar at the WEIGH IN.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts