Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i'm new here, so i hope you don't mind me starting a new thread.

the questioned i wanted to ask everyone is.......

if you were a professional boxer at any weight, who would you like to get in the ring with? (it can be any boxer past or present.) and why?

i'll start,

i would fight Mike Tyson-

my reasons being that, in Mike early career he was the most devistating, quick starting and furocious boxer probably of all time, i would just like to see how hard his punches actually were and how hard it would be to get through those early rounds of constant pressure from Iron Mike.

in real life i would probably fall over just touching gloves at the start but if i could stand a beating i'd love to get in the ring with Tyson.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I woduld like to fight James Toney or Antonio Tarver and headbutt, lowblow and bite them.

I would get Dqued early but damn it would be worth it.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'd like to fight Tyson too. My reasoning is getting paid and in his day no one brought a bigger payday than Tyson.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Floyd mayweather jr, Because I think I have the strategy to beat him. Plus he's my fav current boxer, And Im bigger than him haha. ( next to roy )

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Ivan Calderon.

Im over a foot bigger than him and outweight him by over 100lb.

Id kick his ass. :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:laugh: some good answers, i wouldn't mind fighting judah and give him one hell of a low blow. :laugh::thumbsup:

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I'll fight that bum Matthew Hatton. I'll knock his ass out. That way I can go around telling everybody I knocked out Hatton. I'll just leave the first name out

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i think i could give Audley Harrison a go, he's got to be the worst boxer out there at the moment.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Hello,

i'm new here, so i hope you don't mind me starting a new thread.

the questioned i wanted to ask everyone is.......

if you were a professional boxer at any weight, who would you like to get in the ring with? (it can be any boxer past or present.) and why?

i'll start,

i would fight Mike Tyson-

my reasons being that, in Mike early career he was the most devistating, quick starting and furocious boxer probably of all time, i would just like to see how hard his punches actually were and how hard it would be to get through those early rounds of constant pressure from Iron Mike.

in real life i would probably fall over just touching gloves at the start but if i could stand a beating i'd love to get in the ring with Tyson.:thumbsup:
Believe me you dont want to pick a heavyweight to fight Kozie. Over the years I've tried working the mitts with Lennox Lewis, Ike Ibeabuchi & Kirk Johnson among many others. They were just playing really but the day after it i could hardly lift my arms especially with Ike. Heck even bantamweight champ Paulie Ayala hit hard too though many claimed he couldnt punch hard even Johnny Tapia said after their first fight. "They told me Ayala was feather fisted... they lied he may not be be a concussive KO puncher but his punches HURT"

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:laugh: i meant if i was a professional but i get your drift.

wow you've worked with alot of names, are you a coach of some sort, or just really well connected in the boxing world?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
The guys who think they could beat guys who they outweigh by 100lbs are very mistaken, watch that pro's vs. joe's or whatever and you'll see a coked up, long retired and past his prime Whitaker take a 200lbs+ guy to school.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
:laugh: i meant if i was a professional but i get your drift.

wow you've worked with alot of names, are you a coach of some sort, or just really well connected in the boxing world?
Ive been in and around boxing for 30yrs or more as a contestant, trainer of sorts, even tried my hand at writing about boxing for The Boxing Times, Boxing Update, Flash etc. My wife says I married boxing and she's just my hobby LOL

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The guys who think they could beat guys who they outweigh by 100lbs are very mistaken, watch that pro's vs. joe's or whatever and you'll see a coked up, long retired and past his prime Whitaker take a 200lbs+ guy to school.
Those Joe's are all bums dude, i boxed competitive and at a high level since i was 14. I said Calderon for a reason. :laugh:

Look at this pic, im an inch and a half shorter than Wlad and im built like him too (not quite as ripped ;)). Dude couldn't hurt me but if i conected with him.....Lights out.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts