Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lockett is a joke.

America is a whole new ball game... It's like the NFL vs. the european teams...

This is coming from someone who dosen't even like Pavlik.

G

·
it was a joke of a match up in the first place. i dont blame lockett, no one would turn down a career high pay day, i think world title fights need to be looked at abit more, Lockett and GOmez just 2 fighters recently were way way out of their depth, i commend them for fighting in the first place but i really fear someone may get badly hurt in these mismatched world title fights.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Ya know what sucks? I get home from work 20 mintues ago and ALL OF THE FIGHTS ARE ALREADY OVER! What the hell is up with that!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I've been screaming from the mountaintop that Pavlik and Abraham need to get it on, but I wasn't too tough on Arum or Kelly for taking this fight as a sort of breather. After seeing how easy this was, now I'm ready to change my tone. I can't blame Kelly. He went out there, pumped the jab, followed them up with some pretty lead rights, and showed that he is continually improving his defense, even though Lockett didn't present any threat whatsoever. Pavlik took care of business, but I thought Lockett would try to do so something as to not make it completely easy. He stood at the end of his jab and just ate leather for the duration(ha ha) of the fight. With his reach disadvantage, I was sure he'd try to get inside, work the body, try to take some angles on the champ, and maybe try to make it a little rough. He did none of that. He just took the shots, took three knees, and collected his paycheck and went back to Wales. These mandatory challengers are absolute jokes. Bob Arum, don't you dare try to feed us Pavlik versus Rubio. I won't stand for it. Kelly Pavlik versus either Arthur Abraham, Joe Calzaghe, or Mikkel Kessler is all I'll stand for. Kelly doesn't need to be protected. He's got the game, now let him go out and show it to the world...AGAINST THE BEST. You only have a short time frame to leave your imprint on the sport and make for a lasting legacy. The middleweight division doesn't offer much at the moment, so take care of Abraham, then move up to 168, a division that is stocked at the moment. And when you've had your fun with that, go for light heavy. I want to see Kelly Pavlik reach the greatest of heights because I really believe he is capable of that. Let's stop messing around with fights like this. Forget about what the sanctioning bodies are saying. If they want to strip you for not fighting their #1 ranked challengers, so be it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I've been screaming from the mountaintop that Pavlik and Abraham need to get it on, but I wasn't too tough on Arum or Kelly for taking this fight as a sort of breather. After seeing how easy this was, now I'm ready to change my tone. I can't blame Kelly. He went out there, pumped the jab, followed them up with some pretty lead rights, and showed that he is continually improving his defense, even though Lockett didn't present any threat whatsoever. Pavlik took care of business, but I thought Lockett would try to do so something as to not make it completely easy. He stood at the end of his jab and just ate leather for the duration(ha ha) of the fight. With his reach disadvantage, I was sure he'd try to get inside, work the body, try to take some angles on the champ, and maybe try to make it a little rough. He did none of that. He just took the shots, took three knees, and collected his paycheck and went back to Wales. These mandatory challengers are absolute jokes. Bob Arum, don't you dare try to feed us Pavlik versus Rubio. I won't stand for it. Kelly Pavlik versus either Arthur Abraham, Joe Calzaghe, or Mikkel Kessler is all I'll stand for. Kelly doesn't need to be protected. He's got the game, now let him go out and show it to the world...AGAINST THE BEST. You only have a short time frame to leave your imprint on the sport and make for a lasting legacy. The middleweight division doesn't offer much at the moment, so take care of Abraham, then move up to 168, a division that is stocked at the moment. And when you've had your fun with that, go for light heavy. I want to see Kelly Pavlik reach the greatest of heights because I really believe he is capable of that. Let's stop messing around with fights like this. Forget about what the sanctioning bodies are saying. If they want to strip you for not fighting their #1 ranked challengers, so be it.
I agree but Kelly has worked to hard to get to where he is at just to let it all go, he can't help
the division has limited talent but i do believe you will see Rubio next then Abraham at the end of the year :thumbsup: Pavlik is the real deal. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
super middle has many more names right now than middle. well these fighters may be okay but sicne they are foreign it's hard to actually see them fight. globalisation is killing boxing off.

i am not into the ufc but i htink it goes all across the world. the fighters come to one place. in boxing people have to go to each others countires and there could be cheating etc... that's why fights aint made and the main sports public don't know anyone.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts