Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESPN Classics has gone down the drain. If I see Ali-Foreman, Ali-Frazier III, I am going to scream. Aparently now a snooz fest from January of 07 is "classic". Or if I see Mike Tyson's greatest hits 1-3 again, I am going to puke. They are leaving out wars like Graziano-Zale, Ali-Frazier I, Holmes-Norton, and Tyson-Douglas (not a war, but extremely entertaining:) )

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i agree with everything but the last because they show tyson vs douglas way to many times as it is lol. When i first started by boxing collection i lvoed this channel because i got over 100 or 200 fights alone just off espn classic. Now all they do is play the same old fights over and over and over. I Can hardly find 1 new fight a week on to record.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
its the same over here, the rumble in the jungle has been about 5 times in the past month. :(

great fight but not every night.

bill, i have zale v graziano i'll upload it in the video section.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive seen Zale-Graziano, but I mean come on, they can take the same 10 fights off of the loop. Ive seen Holyifeld-Dokes and Holyfield-Qawi way too many times on there too. Also, since when is Holyfield-Savarese a "classic" fight? ITS FROM 4 MONTHS AGO!!!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i wlways enjoy when they show tyson, i never tire of seeing those ko's.

larry holmes chicken dance was awesome.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
larry holmes went out flat, arent you talking about berbick tommy? now he did the chicken dance from the sheer wind of tysons punch lol. Even I am tysoned out for the time being. But ive seen all his fights way to many times in the first place, holyfield/savarese was a good hw fight and classic just had the rights to show it so they did. they show a bunch of augustus fights , none of those are classic but they show them. I think they need to show more hbo and showtime fights, like old roy jones or trinidad, mosley, oscar, people like that.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
larry holmes went out flat, arent you talking about berbick tommy? now he did the chicken dance from the sheer wind of tysons punch lol. Even I am tysoned out for the time being. But ive seen all his fights way to many times in the first place, holyfield/savarese was a good hw fight and classic just had the rights to show it so they did. they show a bunch of augustus fights , none of those are classic but they show them. I think they need to show more hbo and showtime fights, like old roy jones or trinidad, mosley, oscar, people like that.
holmes legs were gone after the first couple of knockdowns lance.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
I know , but i always considered the berbick ko the funniest
it was, pinklon thomas was a good one to but that was because of how many punches mike hit him with.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I hate ESPN Classic. I don't like old fights. They look like crap and a lot of times both boxers look the exact same. Oh and the most important part is that I already know the ending!!!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
And those old fights are so damn ugly looking. They just flat out weren't nearly as exciting as seeing a fight on good quality television that actually looks real. Screw the beat up looking old fights. ESPN Classic is absolute garbage.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I agree for the most part, i only record tapes because there are alot of people interestedin these old fights/fighteres. But im so glad im getting then new fights on high quality dvds so they are much nicer to watch later on in life.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The picture quality might not be as good, but the fight quality is by and large superior to todays fights. of course this is a generational matter of opinion.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
the old fights are great, i dont know how anyone interested in boxing doesn't like watching prime duran, hearns jcc, arguello in action.

they were awesome!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I agree tommy, the bad thing, classic over here doesnt ever show any of those guys, good thing i have their career sets and no im not marketing :D

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL. When ever they do show Arguello, its him way past his prime in 1983 against Aaron Pryor.:(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts