Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been a really rough couple of weeks with no boxing on. Taylor/Pavlik cant get here soon enough!
You would think that Showtime/HBO would put out some sort of a card, or at least FOY replays or something. This has been pretty dreadful.:(

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Captainobvious said:
This has been a really rough couple of weeks with no boxing on. Taylor/Pavlik cant get here soon enough!
You would think that Showtime/HBO would put out some sort of a card, or at least FOY replays or something. This has been pretty dreadful.:(
are you guys getting the woods v gonzalez fight next week captain?

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What sucks is that both Showtime and HBO are airing good fights the same night. They should have done them on alternating weekends, and they both would have gotten more viewers.
Showtime will be airing the Dawson/Mendoza fight while Hbo airs the Pavlik/Taylor bout. Its obvious which one I'll be watching, so I'll be DVR'ing the Showtime card.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I agree, really hard to stay engaged in a sport with such sparse exposure. All you can do is talk about past fights and that gets old. Taylor and Pavlik better be good or that'll just be another nail in the coffin.

From a "what's good for the sport" standpoint. It would be far better for Pavlik to KO Taylor than for Taylor to get a decision. There really needs somebody for the casual fan to get excited about. These guys in other parts of the world ain't gonna cut it. It's way to hard to follow them. As far as that goes, pretty easy to forget about American fighters too since they fight so infrequently.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Captainobvious said:
What sucks is that both Showtime and HBO are airing good fights the same night. They should have done them on alternating weekends, and they both would have gotten more viewers.
Showtime will be airing the Dawson/Mendoza fight while Hbo airs the Pavlik/Taylor bout. Its obvious which one I'll be watching, so I'll be DVR'ing the Showtime card.
HBO does that on purpose. They are more about trumping Showtime than expanding boxing or aiding the fans. And what also sucks is that you know darn well that Lampley will call out the results from the Showtime card thus ruining it all. I am going to try to have my remote ready to mute him when I think it is coming.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
HBO does that on purpose. They are more about trumping Showtime than expanding boxing or aiding the fans. And what also sucks is that you know darn well that Lampley will call out the results from the Showtime card thus ruining it all. I am going to try to have my remote ready to mute him when I think it is coming.
AHHHH, I hate it when he does that.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rayman said:
I agree, really hard to stay engaged in a sport with such sparse exposure. All you can do is talk about past fights and that gets old. Taylor and Pavlik better be good or that'll just be another nail in the coffin.

From a "what's good for the sport" standpoint. It would be far better for Pavlik to KO Taylor than for Taylor to get a decision. There really needs somebody for the casual fan to get excited about. These guys in other parts of the world ain't gonna cut it. It's way to hard to follow them. As far as that goes, pretty easy to forget about American fighters too since they fight so infrequently.
good poins you make there. Although i wouldnt want it to be too watered down either.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Got a long way to go before that happens. There is nothing more exciting in sports though than the days hours and minuets leading up to a big fight, I'd just like to see more of them darn it. :(

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
taylor is going to ko pavlik so that'll be good for fans too. but just think once the 29th gets here, we get boxing 3 weeks in a row, then it skips i think a week and then we get more boxing.
id love to see taylor win this fight looking impressive doing so, he's a great guy and could be a great posterboy for the sport.

i just dont think he can beat pavlik though after his rescent showings.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
TysonJones said:
taylor is going to ko pavlik so that'll be good for fans too. but just think once the 29th gets here, we get boxing 3 weeks in a row, then it skips i think a week and then we get more boxing.
You just don't quit. Have you worked on your Moderator resignation speech for being so wrong..LOL

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
sure why not. no i dont quit, i can easily predict and see how a fight is going to go. i know what stylse are wrong for each guys. Taylor's style is pavliks worse nightmare. however, pavliks style is what taylor eats up. its simple.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
OK fine. I'm glad I don't have it that figured out cuz it wouldn't be something to look forward to. However, I feel the same way about Mayweather and Hatton. That's the easy one in my book. Just can't get excited about it. Kind of like Holmes and Randell Tex Cobb. That was the fight that literally sent Howard Cossell into retirement he was so disgusted by it. Well I'm sure it won't be that bad.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
TysonJones said:
sure why not. no i dont quit, i can easily predict and see how a fight is going to go. i know what stylse are wrong for each guys. Taylor's style is pavliks worse nightmare. however, pavliks style is what taylor eats up. its simple.
ouma although smaller than pavlik is in the same mould as him, that lil guy was pushing taylor back all night, i think pavlik is all wrong for taylor because if ouma can push him back when he's not as strong and lacks power i see pavlik doing a lot of damage to JT.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.