Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 14 and i have been doing a bit of sparring and training with my older brother but im going to acctualy start amateur boxing soon.
Im 5'7 and i weigh 137..
Which weight would be best too fight at with my age and height?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Im 14 and i have been doing a bit of sparring and training with my older brother but im going to acctualy start amateur boxing soon.
Im 5'7 and i weigh 137..
Which weight would be best too fight at with my age and height?
Do you mean ur gonna have ur first real amateur fight or just training? 137 is pretty good for that height but i would drop to 135 if i were you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean ur gonna have ur first real amateur fight or just training? 137 is pretty good for that height but i would drop to 135 if i were you.
by that i meant i was going to have my first real amateur fight and yeah i might drop too 135 :cheeky4:

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
If I were you I would get more training. Just some sparring isn't good enough in the amateurs, you need to do a lot and mix your sparring partners up and be sure you're in good fighting shape, which is different than just being in good shape. Once you're in fighting shape I would stay near that weight and not go too far out of it until you get bigger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.