Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

im 18 in a few months and ive decided i would like to learn to fight.
I only weigh 55kgs but am very muscly i can out lift all my friends and people a few years older then me, I can do 60pushups in 1 go. But I am scared being weighing so little that it isnt even worth boxing? But maybe since i am pretty fit I should give it a go??

·
Registered
79 Posts
i see alot of u r worried about ur age, heres a little confidence boost, danny green was 21 when he had his first amature fight, had his first pro fight at 29 and is now 34 and is going strong, thats only one little excample

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah and danny green made it to the olympics as well so its not too late to start, i just turned 18 and have been training for a few months. You'll soon find out if your cut out for boxing, just remember it wont be easy but it is rewarding.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah cheers mate, forgot all about that, and danny green broke his hand in the olympics against the bloke who won gold, and he was up on points

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm also 18 and I train 4 about 5 months and aa I think that being a boxer is about training everyday and bla bla bla.com
I like it,boxing is the sport 4 real man !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm 28 years old, 6 Ft. 1 in. and weigh 237 lbs and I just started boxing. I realize that the chances of me ever getting an amature fight are slim to none, but this is still a great way to get in shape, and learn how to use your fists. I don't really think you're ever to old to start, it just depends on what you expect to get out of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts