Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone I recently got into boxing with a few of my friends nothing too serious yet. I am a big guy 6'3" 320lbs and my goal is to gain some much needed endurance and stamina, but also to lose weight and get into shape. I recently really started working out about a month or so ago like benching and curls, and throwing some punches with 25lb dumbbells. As of a couple of days ago we have been looking around at some gyms to go to also would a regular fitness gym or boxing gym be better for me as a beginner.If you could give me some pointers to help achieve some of my goals i would appreciate it immeasurably.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
One thing is lower the pounds on the dumbbells to shadow box with. The next is the weight lifting is not gonna help you that much in boxing. Start Jogging more and sprinting. Shadow box a little till you find a gym just keep doing those things. The Lifting weights will get you stronger but its not needed a lot in boxing in my opinion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
in my opinion if your new it would be better to go to a boxing gym than a fitness club because the boxing gym would be better at helping you develope the right skills and you will be less likely to develope bad habits

1 - 4 of 4 Posts