Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
umm .. lol .. ookkaaayy !! Pavlik will Make $$ I dont think they would do this fight though .. Pavlik will work him pretty bad I think .. Tito looked crappy against Roy . and Pavlik is 25 and almost in his Prime .. this is a joke if they put Tito against him .. I heard it was John Duddy .. sometime in June in NEW YORK

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Seems like its a possibility but Pavlik still is unaware of that and John Duddy still is the leading candidate for the fight;;

man I dont want that to happen, would be meaningless for both men. Pavlik would crush him in a easy walkover that gives him no credit at all, beating a past-his-prime smaller star. For Trinidad would be a disgrace, specially when they're planning to make it in the puerto rican day, with all his fans watching their idol getting destroyed.

I have great expectations on 2008 so I really hope to see a good fight like Duddy and abraham, not such a degrading matchup with tito..

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
umm .. lol .. ookkaaayy !! Pavlik will Make $$ I dont think they would do this fight though .. Pavlik will work him pretty bad I think .. Tito looked crappy against Roy . and Pavlik is 25 and almost in his Prime .. this is a joke if they put Tito against him .. I heard it was John Duddy .. sometime in June in NEW YORK
what's up buddy? I agree, the only thing coming from this is Pavlik will be rolling in the money...I know you wanted to go to pavlik-duddy, would you go watch this one??

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Just have Pavlik fight Duddy in june and the winner of sturm-Abraham fight Pavlik in sept to unify the divison. or hell have pavlik fight Winky in June for that matter, that would be sooo much better then tito.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Italian .. Whoever Pavlik Fights if its in Madison Square I am there.. its a 20 -30 min train ride for me .. I am very close to the city

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Just have Pavlik fight Duddy in june and the winner of sturm-Abraham fight Pavlik in sept to unify the divison. or hell have pavlik fight Winky in June for that matter, that would be sooo much better then tito.
Abraham will fight Elvin Ayala in the Pavlik-duddy undercard, a guy that recently had a Draw against Sergio Mora.. I mean, Come on Abraham needs to get over the Miranda fight and actualy get some decent opposition

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
The only thing it will really do for pavlik is in the record books. Someone 25 years from now will be looking over his career and see he beat Tito. That guy will say "Wow!" and never look into the specifics of it.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Only problem is Winky may be able to beat him...its a big risk

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Only problem is Winky may be able to beat him...its a big risk
Pavlik won't back down of course, and being the champ these are the kind of fights he should be taking,any champion should for that matter. Winky does pose a threat but it would be a great fight and highly anticipated... IMO Duddy will get the fight in June and then it will be between Winky or Abraham who gets him in sept, I would like to see him fight either one.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I agree, it would be a good fight. Winky is a counter puncher, and Pavlik is a walk forward volume puncher. Plus the fact that I dont think Winky could KO him, so there would be lots of good action.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I don't like that match up either, Pavlik would easily beat Winky.
I'm leaning in that diretion too considering Winky's much older and I believe once pavlik feels there isn't much of a threat from winky's punches he will be unloading on him. Some on here think Winky has a lot left in the tank for his age, I myself am a little more skeptical.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
I think Trinidad can still be competitive at 160. I don't think he'll beat Pavlik, but I don't see him getting blown out. With all this talk about future opponents, it almost seems like Pavlik is over looking Taylor.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Winky is problmatic for even the best though. He pulls counters out of his butt that no one could ever see coming

1 - 20 of 50 Posts