Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol i hope Tyson doesnt come back, theres no way he can achieve anymore than he already has in boxing. Holy-Tyson III would be funny as hell to watch though:laugh:

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Sure why not, I pay to see those geezers go at it ,I know I'll get a good laught out of it ,at the very least .... sure poor old Mike is probably broke as hell,he could still pull in the crowds I'm sure ,he could fight a bum in every town in the US and make a decent living, maybe this time around he'll open up a savings account ......MAYBE?:laugh:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
NO f'n way man. tell me this can't be true. I love Mike and I really just wanna see him lay low and find himself happyiness for the rest of his days and don't wanna see him embaress himself anymore(or get in trouble).... against Holyfield huh...............I won't lie, I know I'll order it, but I'm just tired of Mike embaressing himself. I wanna see him train for real. I wanna see him show heart. If he goes down, I wanna see him go down swinging. I wanna see him entertain. What I don't want is for one last big let down for his fans to watch. if he is serious, god I hope comes to fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
only a sadist would want to see these two go at it again!

the sad part is the winner would probably get a title shot after it. :rolleyes:

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
IF Roy jones and Trinidad are going at it and boring ass Delahoya dont wanna retire. Let mikey do his thing which is the only thing he knows how to do anyways besides blowing millions on cocaine and dancers, like I said Maybe just maybe he's got alittle left in the tank to knock out a few bums ,I'm talking begginers here nothing above tough man level:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
IF Roy jones and Trinidad are going at it and boring ass Delahoya dont wanna retire. Let mikey do his thing which is the only thing he knows how to do anyways besides blowing millions on cocaine and dancers, like I said Maybe just maybe he's got alittle left in the tank to knock out a few bums ,I'm talking begginers here nothing above tough man level:thumbsup:
lol hell why not, it is a night of boxing.:laugh: like I said I'll prob order it but I also won't be expecting a damn thing. "I'M gonna go hard at it one more time!" didn't we hear that in his last fight.lol

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I'd rather see him go the MMA route and fight Kimbo Slice. That would make him alot of bank, and its something people actually WANT to see.

I wouldnt mind seeing Mike train MMA and go that route. I think he could still make some bank for a couple years work, and then retire for good.

Personally, I dont think he has anything left to offer the boxing world.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the sad thing about it is if a third fight was made between tyson/holyfield people would actually buy the fight.
Why wouldn't you pay for it? Of course its a spectical and means absolutely nothing, as far as the sport goes, but how could anyone miss this? Its two big names going at it and has a nostalgic feel to it.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why wouldn't you pay for it? Of course its a spectical and means absolutely nothing, as far as the sport goes, but how could anyone miss this? Its two big names going at it and has a nostalgic feel to it.
it's one thing if both these guys could still defeat a legitimate top 10 heavyweight. but, the fact is neither fighter could accomplish such a feat. maybe holy could get lucky and knock one off, but tyson? hopefully, somebody signs mike to commetating gig or something. then maybe the delusions will stop;)

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
You never know with Tyson, he will still have a big punch and im sure he MIGHT be able to KO one of the top 10 HWs... hardly saying anything though is it:laugh:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
how far away are we from having a new set of titles announcced? I can see it now, the "GWBC" (Geriatric World Boxing Council)

·
Registered
8 Posts
You never know with Tyson, he will still have a big punch and im sure he MIGHT be able to KO one of the top 10 HWs... hardly saying anything though is it:laugh:
Yeah, the lack of major HW's is one of boxing's biggest ailments.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
boxing needs a seniors tour like the PGA. :laugh:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
boxing needs a seniors tour like the PGA. :laugh:
as long as they allow oxygen at ringside and have a defibulator (spelling?) on-hand I think it would work out well. gotta switch to 8 rounds at two mintues a pop though

1 - 20 of 99 Posts