Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will de la hoya ever return to the ring? Theres rumours that winky Wright could be his next and maybe last fight win or lose against hopkins on saturday.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TysonJones said:
yeah he'll be retiurning in may next year
How do you no its May??? who do u think will be the oponent

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
tyson said:
How do you no its May??? who do u think will be the oponent
Oscar likes to fight in May because of Cinco De Mayo. The Floyd fight was that weekend and I believe the Mayorga fight in 2006 was aswell.

Winky has made it known he wants Oscar next, the payday and exposure will tempt anyone 147 - 160 to try and agree a weight to fight Oscar.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I would be damn surprised to see DLH fight Winky. He ducked him when he was in his prime, why would he try to fight him now that he is at the back end of his career?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KNUCKLE UP said:
I would be damn surprised to see DLH fight Winky. He ducked him when he was in his prime, why would he try to fight him now that he is at the back end of his career?
Who ducked who??? I cant remember oscar ducking any fighter and winky just hasnt had the chance until his fight against taylor.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
neither have ducked anyone, delahoya has already announced he will fight on may 3rd of next year i believe. the opponent is unknown but i guarentee you it will be for a belt in the welterweight division. possibly cotto or cintron. Who knows in a year. oscar wont announce an opponent until january or something alon gthose lines but yes he will be back, he's already confirmed that.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i agree, they could hype it up as Revenge for the tito loss to delahoya, and then dela will get ko'ed by a body shot. i'd pay to seee it.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
tyson said:
Who ducked who??? I cant remember oscar ducking any fighter and winky just hasnt had the chance until his fight against taylor.
Winky called DLH out years ago and DLH ducked him. I like DLH so I'm not just making this up. DLH has fought damn near everyone,but not Winky.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
KNUCKLE UP said:
Winky called DLH out years ago and DLH ducked him. I like DLH so I'm not just making this up. DLH has fought damn near everyone,but not Winky.
Ok fair enough. was this at middleweight? Maybe he saw fights against hopkins at middle bigger.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
At the time DLH had just been took out by Hopkins, while Winky has just beat SSM for the 2nd time. He said afterwards he wanted Tito, DLH and Hopkins i think, hes got 2/3 so a fight with DLH would be good for him.

·
Registered
652 Posts
He's definately going to fight again. Ricky Hattons name keeps popping up as the opponent at Welterweight.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WelshDevilRob said:
He's definately going to fight again. Ricky Hattons name keeps popping up as the opponent at Welterweight.

Please make the fight :laugh: 2 my favourite fighters

1 - 20 of 35 Posts