Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mental Midget
4,194 Posts
I dont think Hatton is a very tough matchup for Floyd because of his style, and the speed of Mayweather. However, I think DLH is a much better matchup. As far as ducking, people can say that about lots of fighters. Once you get to the top, your going to want the money that comes with it. Some fights will generate alot more than others, hence the DLH fight he's taken.

· Mental Midget
4,194 Posts
Tommy, you make some great points as well. I would certainly like to see Floyd matched up against some more fighters that would pose a tougher challenge. That's one of the reasons Im excited about the DLH fight. Hopefully we'll see more of him against the aggressive fighters of the division, in Williams, Margarito, Cotto, etc in the future.
That being said, dont you think its fair to say that some of the same things could be said about the opposition of Calzaghe? I like Joe as much as the next guy, but he hasnt exactly been fighting the cream of the crop either.

· Mental Midget
4,194 Posts
Jeff Lacy is seriously overrated. He can only throw 2 or 3 punches, and eats straight rights.
I think the reason Joe doesnt get as much respect as he deserves is the fact that there just doesnt seem to be as much quality opposition in his division as we see in other divisions like welterweight, lightweight, and even middleweight. That obviously isnt Calzaghe's fault, but some of the accolades, or lack thereof, are probably a product of that.
Hopefully, some of the up-and-comers of the super middleweight division will be able to provide the spark that the division sort of lacks right now.
Your thoughts ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.