Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
or did the heavyweight division fall off the face of the earth. it just sucks anymore, they arent sluggers like b4, they cant go 10 seconds without huggin. anywho just stating my opinion feel free to add on

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
undisputed said:
or did the heavyweight division fall off the face of the earth. it just sucks anymore, they arent sluggers like b4, they cant go 10 seconds without huggin. anywho just stating my opinion feel free to add on

Your absolutely right. Its worse thanots ever been. In previous slumps at least the fighters were in good shape. Now they are fat, lazy, sloppy, and terribly boring to watch.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Wlad's the best out of a terrible era. And the worst part is, there are people out there who think the division is the best its ever been, and Wlad's the greatest of all time.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill1234 said:
Wlad's the best out of a terrible era. And the worst part is, there are people out there who think the division is the best its ever been, and Wlad's the greatest of all time.
and those guys who even think think that should be flung in a loony bin for the rest of there lifes, wlads not all that bad a fighter but he's defo chinny and has had stamina isues in the past.

he's been very good of late though and id love to see him try and get a couple of the other belts.

we need an american fighter at HW who's gonna compete, this keeps all the fans interested, espesialy if he's also a loud mouth. :laugh:

ibragimov and chagaev are also very good fighters, they fight eachother next.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Um yea been that way for a long time. Too bad Riddick Bowe went nuts I liked him he could have kept hope alive! Those fights between him and Hollyfield were great.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
and those guys who even think think that should be flung in a loony bin for the rest of there lifes, wlads not all that bad a fighter but he's defo chinny and has had stamina isues in the past.

he's been very good of late though and id love to see him try and get a couple of the other belts.

we need an american fighter at HW who's gonna compete, this keeps all the fans interested, espesialy if he's also a loud mouth. :laugh:

ibragimov and chagaev are also very good fighters, they fight eachother next.
Yeah, Wlad's definately a good fighter, but he has some major flaws. LOL, us americans are getting really fat now, look at James Toney lol. I blame Hilary Clinton because they made fun of her on south park. There are a lot of really good fighters that are in the lower weight classes like Mayweather and Winky, but we need to make a come back in the heavyweights. We used to rule it with an iron fist, but now, we are getting beaten down with pillows.:(

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Reed422 said:
What about Sam Peter?
peters a good fighter with exellant power, he had wlad down 3 times when he lost narowly to him. if sam can keep his skills improving he could dominate after wlad, sams still only 26.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
peters a good fighter with exellant power, he had wlad down 3 times when he lost narowly to him. if sam can keep his skills improving he could dominate after wlad, sams still only 26.
I hope he beats Wlad, just to shut those crazed Wlad fans up, I was disapointed with that glorified sparring session Wlad had with LaMont. IMO Peter deserves his shot at the title. Its been delayed and put off long enough. He's been pushing, he's just not getting the fights.:( IMO he could take at least 1/2 of the title holders (you know its bad when you have to say 1/2 intstead of the title holder). IMO Wlad would give him the most trouble, but if Peter is game, and hurts Wlad, I think he could take him.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
overated? :confused:

he's bloody underated, and its just because he's been ko'd. lennox lewis had exactly the same problem at one point.

wlads an exellant fighter, he's got 1 of the best jabs ever, he's got power in both hands and he's fast as hell.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
tommygunn said:
overated? :confused:

he's bloody underated, and its just because he's been ko'd. lennox lewis had exactly the same problem at one point.

wlads an exellant fighter, he's got 1 of the best jabs ever, he's got power in both hands and he's fast as hell.

He won't be so fast once he fully extends his punches intstead of only pecking at the person from 6 inches away. He has a hood jab and all, but not one of the greatest. A lot of people have power in both hands, its not that special. Wlads excelent for this era, but 20-25 years ago he would have just been a sparring partner.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
bill1234 said:
He won't be so fast once he fully extends his punches intstead of only pecking at the person from 6 inches away. He has a hood jab and all, but not one of the greatest. A lot of people have power in both hands, its not that special. Wlads excelent for this era, but 20-25 years ago he would have just been a sparring partner.
bill, watch his jab in the byrd fights and the austin fight. then tell me it aint great!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts