Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to remember the guy being a LOT more objective than he is now, or is it my imagination? Okay, there's the infamous "... and he's an AMERICAN!" scream, but generally he used to watch fights and talk about them from all angles.. didn't he??

Just watched the Blow-Bika footage, and the way he cock rides newly-signed Joe Blow all the way through is excrutiating, almost as bad as his "Winky is BADLY HURT" (er... no he's not, Jim) outburst. What's the point in having him on??

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I kind of agree. I dont enjoy Lampley as much as I used to.

Merchant is........ well Merchant, I dont really mind him.

I think the Shobox announce team is 1 of the best. Farhood & Charles

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
He's like the John Madden of Boxing announcing. He adds a little flavor, and on occasion makes an ass out of himself, but in the end, it wouldnt be the same without him.
I dont mind Larry Merchant at all. In fact, I enjoy his announcing and commentary, and also his ability to reign the other knuckleheads back in to reality when they are off base.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Larry always seems to have downed a 5th of Scotch before he hits the air. ANd as the fight progresses he seems to down another.

LAmpy is ok, just his drunk of a partner

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Lampley may not be as good as he once was, but who would be better? I will keep Lampley over a col Bob Sheridan or Fran Charles from B A D .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts