Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Is Ricky Hatton ducking Junior Witter?

1 - 20 of 420 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I don't think he's ducking him. He just got stopped in his last bout so he's taking a tune up to see if he still got it and then if the money's right he'll fight Witter in no time.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Pathetic RD, just pathetic. :rolleyes:

G

·
No , i really dont think he is ducking Witter. Junior has talked crap about Ricky for years, the way Ricky looks at it, why give him his biggest pay day?

Witter needs Ricky, Ricky doesnt need Witter.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Yeah he is ducking him. The excuse of he doesnt like him so he wont fight him use to work but if he dont fight him next he is ducking him. He has a belt so Hatton should try to take it from him if he dont like him.

·
Registered
808 Posts
No , i really dont think he is ducking Witter. Junior has talked crap about Ricky for years, the way Ricky looks at it, why give him his biggest pay day?

Witter needs Ricky, Ricky doesnt need Witter.
Why does Witter need Hatton , Witter is the one with the title. There are other money fights for both fighters out there. I dont think either one needs the other one.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think he's ducking him. He just got stopped in his last bout so he's taking a tune up to see if he still got it and then if the money's right he'll fight Witter in no time.
He's scared of getting laid out again. At least Mayweather has the excuse of Oscar De La Hoya being a bigger pay-day. Hatton's only excuse is that he doesn't want to give somebody else a good pay-day.

It's sad that there is such a huge double standard when it comes to Mayweather. That's why I made this thread.

G

·
He's scared of getting laid out again. At least Mayweather has the excuse of Oscar De La Hoya being a bigger pay-day. Hatton's only excuse is that he doesn't want to give somebody else a good pay-day.

It's sad that there is such a huge double standard when it comes to Mayweather. That's why I made this thread.

Really though, what does Ricky have to gain for fighting Witter? Witter still isnt a big enough in the states(i dont think anyway!)Ricky v Witter isnt that big of a fight outside of Uk and Ireland.Schaffer said so himself today.

G

·
Why does Witter need Hatton , Witter is the one with the title. There are other money fights for both fighters out there. I dont think either one needs the other one.
Witter needs the superstar name on his record. he doesnt have that. if he beats Ricky he would have that big name.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
The poll was intended by the doc for me because i posted one about his hero. :laugh:

Sorry doc, you aint getting the reaction you were looking for, it was a weak atempt i could see a mile away. ;)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He wasn't looking for a reaction. He was doing exactly what you did.
So if i never posted that pbf thread he would have still posted this one right? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Really though, what does Ricky have to gain for fighting Witter? Witter still isnt a big enough in the states(i dont think anyway!)Ricky v Witter isnt that big of a fight outside of Uk and Ireland.Schaffer said so himself today.
And since when is Lazcano any bigger than Witter?
I know hatton wants a tune up fight but so far he showed no signs he wants to get in a match with Witter...

Anyways, Hatton will fight Malignaggi after that, so hes taking on a decent opponent...

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
No, he wouldn't have. You took the shot and he took one back. He wasn't looking for a reaction.
Excuse me?

"I took the shot"? :laugh:

Again, people taking things said about fighters as a personal insult.

I meerly posted a poll when it was anounced that Hatton and pbf were gonna square off again stating i think he's ducking Cotto but gave the option for anyone to disagree with me.

Again, i gotta laugh my ass off at "taking a shot".

This thread was a childish pathetic atempt to draw me into a debate about if Hatton ducked Witter but it didn't work. ;)

Im sure the Doc will let you know himself that was the intended reaction he was looking for, he can hardly deny it can he. LOL!

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Without a doubt Hatton is ducking Witter.

Two fighters are ranked 1 and 2 in a division. There both titles holders. There from the same country. People want to see the fight. And it can't get made? Who's at fault? Well one fighter (Witter) is calling for the fight. And has offer to take a small purse to make the fight happen. The other fighter (Hatton) continues to give lame excuses ("I don't like him") that nobody believes in order to avoid making the fight.

Yeah it's pretty obvious Hatton is ducking Witter.

1 - 20 of 420 Posts