Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Is Ricky Hatton ducking Junior Witter?

Is Ricky Hatton Ducking Junior Witter?

12K views 419 replies 25 participants last post by  RingDocter 
#1 · (Edited)
#8 ·
I don't think he's ducking him. He just got stopped in his last bout so he's taking a tune up to see if he still got it and then if the money's right he'll fight Witter in no time.
He's scared of getting laid out again. At least Mayweather has the excuse of Oscar De La Hoya being a bigger pay-day. Hatton's only excuse is that he doesn't want to give somebody else a good pay-day.

It's sad that there is such a huge double standard when it comes to Mayweather. That's why I made this thread.

#12 ·
The poll was intended by the doc for me because i posted one about his hero. :laugh:

Sorry doc, you aint getting the reaction you were looking for, it was a weak atempt i could see a mile away. ;)

#17 ·
Excuse me?

"I took the shot"? :laugh:

Again, people taking things said about fighters as a personal insult.

I meerly posted a poll when it was anounced that Hatton and pbf were gonna square off again stating i think he's ducking Cotto but gave the option for anyone to disagree with me.

Again, i gotta laugh my ass off at "taking a shot".

This thread was a childish pathetic atempt to draw me into a debate about if Hatton ducked Witter but it didn't work. ;)

Im sure the Doc will let you know himself that was the intended reaction he was looking for, he can hardly deny it can he. LOL!

#18 ·
Without a doubt Hatton is ducking Witter.

Two fighters are ranked 1 and 2 in a division. There both titles holders. There from the same country. People want to see the fight. And it can't get made? Who's at fault? Well one fighter (Witter) is calling for the fight. And has offer to take a small purse to make the fight happen. The other fighter (Hatton) continues to give lame excuses ("I don't like him") that nobody believes in order to avoid making the fight.

Yeah it's pretty obvious Hatton is ducking Witter.

#22 · (Edited)
You've lost this debate before, you should learn your lesson, or we can do it again and i school your ass again?

YouTube - Junior Witter calls out Ricky Hatton to his face

Shane, please embed this for me and together we will expose the truth along with Hatton's cowardice.
Boring and pathetic Doc, you need to do your homework before makling ludacris statements like this, not just say them because others do.

At the time that video was made Witter had fouyght such superstars as....Steve Conway, Christopher Henry, David Kirk, Brice Faradji and Alan Temple after losing to Zab.....He'd also never even held a domestic title.

At that time Jon Thaxton was ranked #2 in britain behind Hatton, guess what, they fought for the Vacant british title, but hold on, "he should have fought Witter who A) had never beat nobody, B) had never won a domestic title, C) was not as highly ranked as the guy he fought.

As i keep saying, just because a bunch of clowns try to make something up on the basis of another fighter obviously who is ducking (pbf) it does not make it true. As i said, you argument is weak, but bring it though, ive had and won this debate on many occassions before so i guess one more time wont hurt.

Look at the facts, Hatton has always been fighting guys that have been 2 or 3 steps up the ladder from Witter.

By the way, if your next argument is "but Witter has a title blah blah blah i'll save you time and right my reply just now....In the time Witter has had his title Hatton has fought the #2 ranked guy in his division (Castillo) and the P4P #1 fighter in the world.

A World Title.
Hatton has fought his #1 challenger (castillo) and the P4P#1 guy since Witter won that strap, hardly ducking when your fighting the best in your weight class and the best in the world is it. :dunno:

You have a weak argument which you cant win, you'd be as well giving it up now, you cant win, look at the facts....

#23 ·
Hatton vs. Witter should have happened years ago. The 'Witter was a nobody when Hatton held the WBU' excuse just doesnt wash, because Hatton was fighting nobodies at that time. Witter was much more worthy than half of the 15 or so opponents Ricky faced to defend his WBU belt.

And now its time to happen again, the money thing isnt a problem because Ricky could millions fighting my grandma. The UK wants to see Witter-Hatton, most US fans recognise Witter-Hatton is the fight to be made, Witter wants the fight to be made and holds a world title belt. The only thing stopping it now is... Ricky.

Put it this way, a much better case can be for Hatton dodging Witter rather than Mayweather dodging Cotto.

#24 · (Edited)
The nobodys Hatton was fighting though were top 20 ranked in the world, the nobodys Witter was fighting were hardly ranked top 20 in the UK, Hatton was on a march to the top fighting ranked guys, Witter sat on his ass fighting bums thinking he had a god given right to fight when he should have been fighting similar opponents.

Another thing, Hatton didn't make those matches, he had no say on who he fought, Warren was promoter manager and match maker.

The UK dont want to see Hatton vs Witter Tom, how can you make that statement when there is never any talk of it in the papers or that?

In the UK all the fans want to see Ricky fight the best in the world and win, Witter is irelivant.

Witter is a nobody, he never stepped up untill he was into his 30's.

#29 ·
Yep. Witter got a very good opportunity to fight for a world title and took it. He may have lost, but you cant hold that against him when he had little time to prepare and was still a relative novice. Witter was very much outcasted and had to take any opporunity he could get.. had Hatton took that fight at the same time he would probably have lost his 0 right there too.

#40 ·
I call Witter a nobody cause he’s 34 really hasn’t fought anyone worth ****. Andy Lee is a promising 23 year old who has looked very impressive in his wins so no I wouldn’t call him a nobody just yet. If he loses to Vera again he will probably start bagging groceries then yes, you could call him a nobody.

#64 ·
Is Hatton ducking Witter?

Of course he is and of course he has...

SO WHAT?

Hatton has been ducking witter whilst lokking to Mayweather, no fault there, and now he is ducking him to look at fighting who he wants towards a possible re-match in the UK with Mayweather.

The thing is as well when talking about ducking, Witter has the title, so what is all this about ducking?

I mean he has the belt so no one is stopping him from defending that are they?

The simple fact is Hatton hates Witter and does not want to give the guy a pay day against Hatton.

Witter desperately needs Hatton and not the other way around.

If Hatton was the belt holder and was dodging Witter fair enough...but that is not the case.

The fact is Witter needs to do more to prove his worth and get a match with a guy that is a p4p fighter as opposed to a belt fighter.

If Witter gets his shot and payday....then we can see what happens..but lets face it belts alone do not mean lot if you are not taking out the best.

#65 ·
Update

From Boxingscene.com

Witter: "Forget Money, I'll Kick Hatton's Ass"

By Mark Vester

WBC junior welterweight champ Junior Witter is tired of chasing for a fight with his UK-rival Ricky Hatton. He is willing to fight Hatton for free, just to show fans that even for free - Hatton will advoid fighting him. Witter only wants his training expenses covered and people in his camp compensated, but he is willing to fight Hatton for no charge.

Hatton returns on May 24 against Juan Lazcano. Witter is probably going to defend his title against mandatory Timothy Bradley on May 10.

"Ricky's scared and he knows I'd whoop his arse. He's good but he knows I'm better. I'm a fighter and I want to prove I'm the best out there. He's had 101 excuses. He used to say I haven't got a title but I have a title," Witter told The Sun. "He says I'm not box office but I am box office — I'm the WBC champion. Now he's saying he doesn't want to give me a payday.

"All I need is my training expenses and I'll come round and kick his arse in front of everybody for free. My people have got to get paid, my training expenses have got to be paid but I'll do it for free. I can do that because I know I'm going to win."

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ boxingscene@hotmail.com

#72 · (Edited)
All these quotes posted by: TommyGunn

I fear they will neglect your post because its "to long" ;)
No, common. The HUGE posts he was making about Roy Jones Jr were our of hand. These aren't outrageous like those. calzaghefella is a good writer and I enjoy reading his thoughts even though we don't always agree. I like his posts as I like yours. Are debating has livened up this forum, and Im sure you've noticed this. The only time I had a problem with one of your posts was when you wrote that I hated British people or something along those lines. Other than that, this is all healthy.

Same old Witter, still concentrating on making a fight he does not deserve, go beat someone Witter. :rolleyes:
How can you say that? Witter is the #1 Junior Welterweight behind Ricky Hatton. He holds a World Title, he's been calling out Ricky for years, and now he's saying he will fight for FREE. He deserves this fight more than Hatton deserved a shot at Mayweather. This "Witter isn't worthy" excuse doesn't fly anymore. It's been shot down.

No excuses to make, i just bring facts.

Castillo, Mayweather, Lazcano (Witter booked) Malignaggi and Mayweather again......The great junior is being ducked so Hatton can fight these lesser names. LOL!

Facts? What facts?

Castillo? Castillo is the man who is shot to pieces when Hatton fought him and nobody argues that. He can't even make weight anymore. Fighting Castillo has no relavance other than on paper. Witter just knocked out Vivian Harris and I actually find that to be more impressive.

Mayweather? Mayweather outclassed Ricky Hatton. There is shame in the way he lost. It wasn't even competative. Well, excluding two of 10 rounds. I actually scored round 8 a 10-8 round along with the British unofficial judge.

Lazcano? He's comming off a loss against Vivian Harris. That pretty much says it all.

Mayweather again? I doubt the fight will fall through. If it does, well, I lose a lot of respect for Mayweather. That's unless he fights him AFTER dealing with Cotto! Again though, he'd get outclassed. They aren't even on the same stratosphere (Sarcam: Related to Boxing). De La Hoya yes, Hatton NO.

Step ya game up lads.
That's all Im asking of Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton.

#74 ·
All these quotes posted by: TommyGunn

No, common. The HUGE posts he was making about Roy Jones Jr were our of hand. These aren't outrageous like those. calzaghefella is a good writer and I enjoy reading his thoughts even though we don't always agree. I like his posts as I like yours. Are debating has livened up this forum, and Im sure you've noticed this. The only time I had a problem with one of your posts was when you wrote that I hated British people or something along those lines. Other than that, this is all healthy.

How can you say that? Witter is the #1 Junior Welterweight behind Ricky Hatton. He holds a World Title, he's been calling out Ricky for years, and now he's saying he will fight for FREE. He deserves this fight more than Hatton deserved a shot at Mayweather. This "Witter isn't worthy" excuse doesn't fly anymore. It's been shot down.

Facts? What facts?

Castillo? Castillo is the man who is shot to pieces when Hatton fought him and nobody argues that. He can't even make weight anymore. Fighting Castillo has no relavance other than on paper. Witter just knocked out Vivian Harris and I actually find that to be more impressive.

Mayweather? Mayweather outclassed Ricky Hatton. There is shame in the way he lost. It wasn't even competative. Well, excluding two of 10 rounds. I actually scored round 8 a 10-8 round along with the British unofficial judge.

Lazcano? He's comming off a loss against Vivian Harris. That pretty much says it all.

Mayweather again? I doubt the fight will fall through. If it does, well, I lose a lot of respect for Mayweather. That's unless he fights him AFTER dealing with Cotto! Again though, he'd get outclassed. They aren't even on the same stratosphere (Sarcam: Related to Boxing). De La Hoya yes, Hatton NO.

That's all Im asking of Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton.
Castillo was the #1 ranked fighter who most thought had a great chance of beating Hatton, using your logic Hatton not fighting him would be considered ducking.

Fact is, Witter and Hatton have been booked for fights when the other has been free since Witter beat the washed up never so great got KO'D by Maussa Harris.

So how does this constitute to ducking?

Its all opinion that Ricky is because Witter cant keep his name out of his mouth, i'll say again, the facts always prove your opinion wrong.

#81 ·
Thanks

I'm sorry but the fact is Ricky has been avoiding Witter and thats it..

Fact is Witter deserves his shot and has been asking for the match for years...
Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Fact - concept whose truth can be proved; "scientific hypotheses are not facts."

Before using the word "fact" learn what the fu** it means. Strong feelings, emotions, and beliefs are not facts.

Those that disagree with me on this will have to resort to changing the meaning of simple slang words like "ducked". Then when you use their own definition to counter their claims that Mayweather is ducking Cotto, then they have to change it back. It's so hypocritical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.