Votes: 4 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 33.3%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in 07 he said Wright would beat B-hop and Hatton would "knock mayweather out in nine", this year he said Taylor would come back to beat pavlik and Cotto stops margarito late, he also said that "Quintana held back on Paul Williams the first time because he did'nt know how easy it is to out-box him, I think he can stop him late this time around". He said Calzaghe was gonna beat Roy until the last second then he said it depends on how much Roy has left, He refused to give his predictions on the dawson - tarver fight because it was somehow "too hard". Is this guy seriously the worst predictor ever, worse than even Teddy Atlas?

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think probably so, since you know that Atlas is purposely picking against the grain so as to make himself look good when the unexpected happens.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
That's a pretty bad record. Atlas can't get a pass because he picks the underdog most of the time, but that's his choice. Anyone who thinks that Quintana held back in the first fight needs to take body language 101 because he's an idiot. If this guy is the same one with the horrible P4P list, then he gets the title.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
I know a guy who has no understanding of the styles and he just picks random numbers and names. here are all of his predictions.

Cotto vs. Margarito : Cotto KO3
Butterbean vs. Larry Holmes: Butterbean KO2
Edison Miranda vs. Arthur Abraham: Miranda KO1
Ricky Hatton vs. Floyd Mayweather: Hatton TKO13 (what an idiot lol)

my friend is the worst predictor ever lived. I think he said that Hurricane Katrina was gonna be a simple little hurricane and that everything would be fine at one point. He also said that we would never go to war for at least 20 years (said in 2000). Seriously, I told him to stop predicting things so that bad things would stop happening.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
1. I am assuming that you did not read my post.

2. I agree with Atlas, I think that Manny will win the fight. Oh well, I guess we will have to see who is fight. I bet you 100 credits on it.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
in 07 he said Wright would beat B-hop and Hatton would "knock mayweather out in nine", this year he said Taylor would come back to beat pavlik and Cotto stops margarito late, he also said that "Quintana held back on Paul Williams the first time because he did'nt know how easy it is to out-box him, I think he can stop him late this time around". He said Calzaghe was gonna beat Roy until the last second then he said it depends on how much Roy has left, He refused to give his predictions on the dawson - tarver fight because it was somehow "too hard". Is this guy seriously the worst predictor ever, worse than even Teddy Atlas?
Yeah some of those predictions were pretty bad. He's mos def worst than Atlas LOL

·
Registered
830 Posts
Steve Bunce is like a 19th century P.T Barnum.

It doesn't really matter if he gets something right or wrong, you just can't stand him either way.

I could imagine him shouting roll up roll up to a freak show where he sold coloured potions...

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
I know a guy who has no understanding of the styles and he just picks random numbers and names. here are all of his predictions.

Cotto vs. Margarito : Cotto KO3
Butterbean vs. Larry Holmes: Butterbean KO2
Edison Miranda vs. Arthur Abraham: Miranda KO1
Ricky Hatton vs. Floyd Mayweather: Hatton TKO13 (what an idiot lol)

my friend is the worst predictor ever lived. I think he said that Hurricane Katrina was gonna be a simple little hurricane and that everything would be fine at one point. He also said that we would never go to war for at least 20 years (said in 2000). Seriously, I told him to stop predicting things so that bad things would stop happening.
LMAO..:laugh::laugh: your too much man.

hahaah 13th...either your friend is a moron or you have a great imagination.

·
Registered
270 Posts
How's Bunce react when he's wrong? I think the thing that seperates Atlas from the others is that the next Friday, he'll try to spin things to the point where he wasn't wrong at all. My favorite was the week after he'd predicted Ibragamov over Vlad and he claimed to only be "only half right". Oh yeah, it's a fifty-fifty call, Teddy, there are no half points :laugh: Granted, in that case Vlad's reluctant jab made it a stinker, but it's not the only time Teddys put the spin on one of his wrong predictions. In most cases, he'll talk for three to five minutes and cover both sides of the fence and all possible scenarios, and then when they come back the next week, even though he picked the WRONG FIGHTER, he'll hook on to one of the multiple scenarios he'd layed out and go "as I told you last week might be the case......". When you cover all the bases, it's hard to get picked off :rolleyes: Just like when Teddy calls the Big Upset, it's soon forgotten when he's wrong and mentioned each week for six months when he's right by the Parrot that sits on his his shoulder and strokes his ego (Tessitore).

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
He predicted Joe on points.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He predicted Joe on points.
didn't his "sources" come out and say Joe's overweight on the day of the weigh in and when Andy asked him if he's still going for Calzaghe he said I don't know depends on how much roy has left, he also talked about how calzaghe doesn't look confident anymore and roy looked relaxed and a sort of semi-I don't care approach, He did say he expected Calzaghe to win but he said I don't count Roy Jones out depending on what he's got left

1 - 12 of 12 Posts