Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday at the gym was one of those days where I felt weak and worthless. Probably due to me having to rest my knee the past week and not getting enough sleep. But, I'm curious if this sounds like a lot to you guys. I did this in 1.5 hours:
Jumped rope for 30 minutes.
Heavy bag for 6 rounds (3 minutes each).
Hit the mits for about 10 minutes.
About 100 situps.
Pushups (feet up on second rope, 25 per corner for a total of 100).
50 pull ups (about 10 per set).

I felt weak and worthless near the end. Right now I only hit the boxing gym 2 times a week but will go to 3 times soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ummm... yeah, i think that would do it. so what else do you do after your 'warm-up'? :laugh: j/k pretty sure that would smoke most of us, depending on intensity level

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wondering

Yeah, I was wondering. Our coach works us pretty hard. Most guys that have joined since I did have vanished and I'm starting to think that this isn't fun enough for them. But, yesterday I was sucking air more than I usually do. None of these workouts have been a breeze. I usually collapse, often near the end of floor work where I'm trying to bridge up in the pushup position. The mid section just gives out and the body says "oh, hell no".

Can't do road work like I used to. But, tonight I'm trying swimming and tomorrow it's a long bike ride.

I marvel at these guys I see box for 12 rounds. Now, I understand the sacrifice. It's really amazing.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
That's a good workout. All that's missing is rounds on the double end and speed bag, and either running (roadwork, treadmill) or swimming laps and a little bit of shadow boxing. Other than that you have a good routine.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering. Our coach works us pretty hard. Most guys that have joined since I did have vanished and I'm starting to think that this isn't fun enough for them. But, yesterday I was sucking air more than I usually do. None of these workouts have been a breeze. I usually collapse, often near the end of floor work where I'm trying to bridge up in the pushup position. The mid section just gives out and the body says "oh, hell no".

Can't do road work like I used to. But, tonight I'm trying swimming and tomorrow it's a long bike ride.

I marvel at these guys I see box for 12 rounds. Now, I understand the sacrifice. It's really amazing.
What about the guys that used to go 15 up until a little over 20 years ago? But that workout seems like it was good. I've always enjoyed a good workout, and I would have enjoyed that. It seemed tough and if you felt weak and tired at the end, that means it was a very good session.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yesterday at the gym was one of those days where I felt weak and worthless. Probably due to me having to rest my knee the past week and not getting enough sleep. But, I'm curious if this sounds like a lot to you guys. I did this in 1.5 hours:
Jumped rope for 30 minutes.
Heavy bag for 6 rounds (3 minutes each).
Hit the mits for about 10 minutes.
About 100 situps.
Pushups (feet up on second rope, 25 per corner for a total of 100).
50 pull ups (about 10 per set).

I felt weak and worthless near the end. Right now I only hit the boxing gym 2 times a week but will go to 3 times soon.
Why not any sparring?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rarely

I rarely spar. I use my brain for my living (poor me) and had a couple concussions playing football. Since I don't plan to compete I spar sparingly. But, yeah, sparring is a great workout. I'm mainly into this to get into good shape and gain some skills with my knuckles. It's been great.

Rode the mountain bike into work today - about 19 miles each way. That should help shed a little more blubber. Shoot, my pants and belts are all sinched up lately, all baggy.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You shouldnt really have to worry because in sparring you don't have to throw haymakers, you can basically just play tag in the ring.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts