Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Is Vic a Hall of Famer?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before anyone says I'm jumping the gun, go ahead and look at his record and compare it to some that are in and some that are serious nominees for the IBHOF. His career and title run at 112 was dominant and he's the first to unify the WBC, WBA (Super), and IBF belts. To me, all he needs is one more win in a big fight and he's in easily.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Well before last nights fight I had never heard of the guy before, but unifying the three titles does have some merit, I say let him make some good defenses and he should be in, but he can kiss the HOF good bye if he looses it all in the next one.....

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Yes, no question imo. Whether you hate him or love him. The man is awesome. He's the first to be undisputed 115 pound champ ever. Thats enough for me. His resume isn't that bad either. He's not done yet either.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Well before last nights fight I had never heard of the guy before, but unifying the three titles does have some merit, I say let him make some good defenses and he should be in, but he can kiss the HOF good bye if he looses it all in the next one.....
You had never heard of vic darchiniyan until last night? Where you been man?

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
With all these russians in the heavy weight division I got a little comfussed, what do you want from me, I never hear of his country neither:laugh:
Haha I was just curious seeing how he's had about 5 showtime main events in the past 2 years.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
Id say If he Beats Donaire in a rematch , Montiel , Naito (probably never happen) and maybe 2 more top fighters then why not.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
He is a two division champion, being nearly undisputed at 115. However, hes much like Zab Judah right now. Lets wait before saying anything, because I dont think Zab is HOF worth

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He is a two division champion, being nearly undisputed at 115. However, hes much like Zab Judah right now. Lets wait before saying anything, because I dont think Zab is HOF worth
It's better if the argument is made now, before he's a lock. Good comparison with Judah, though IMO Darchinyan beat better competition and only lost once by the time Zab beat Spinks. Vic dominated the 112lb division, was knocked out, came back won a title and immediately unified by dominating a Top 10 P4P fighter. Also, he's done something never done before at 115 with the unification. All he needs is either a win in a rematch over Donaire or Montiel in an undisputed match and he's a lock.
One more big win and he's a lock IMO. Let's not forget that Barry McGuigan is a HOF'er.
McGuigan's resume is pitiful, boxing writers with votes should be ashamed how low their standards dropped with that one. If they wanted to let him in for his service as a announcer or for both, they should have, but as a fighter alone he should not be in. If they were going by those standards, Vic would've been good 2 years ago.
I'd personally like to see him ktfo arce.
I'd love to see anyone K Arce TFO.
Arce is good for boxing and makes for great fights against limited competition and the guy will fight anyone. I hope duke can keep on fighting after he gets knocked out, which he will, especially if he plans to step in the ring with Izzy or Nonito, like he wants to.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts