Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

who wins?

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
One of boxing's greatest trilogies ended tonight in Carson, California, when WBC super bantamweight champion Israel Vazquez (43-4, 32 KOs) won a twelve round split decision over former champion Rafael Marquez (37-5, 33 KOs). Once again the fighters began trading shots at the bell. Marquez landed a higher volume of punches while Vazquez landed the harder blows. Marquez dropped Vazquez with a barrage of punches in round four, but Vazquez fought back fiercely. The action went back and forth as both fighters continually rocked each other with big shots. Marquez was deducted a point in round ten by referee Pat Russell for a low blow. Vazquez battered Marquez in the final round, dropping Marquez just before the bell. Scores were 113-112, 114-111 Vazquez, 114-111 Marquez.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
its already in the works with contracts out for sometime in feburary 2008. This is going to be awesome. A very memborable trilogy by to of the greatest little men of all time.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeh i hope Rafa Marque wins it but im not sure if he will. I think they should have a tune-up around feb/march and then fight again like this time next year.. 3 fights like that in a row can shorten your career by a couple of years.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
their both getting towards the end of their career anywayz, these are the 3 fights they have been looking for to define their careers. win or lose, they are alot more recognized now than ever.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I didn't get to watch #2. I'm going to try to catch it Wed. on the replay. Sounds like I missed a helluva fight!

1 - 20 of 130 Posts