Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The commission had plenty of time and opportunity to set up a "title unification" fight when Nikolai Valuev was champ. But they didn't want that, did they? WHO would bet on anyone that's up against HIM? He was and is invincible. The only reason he lost his belt is because of some little punk using the "punch run punch run" tactic and then winning on a points decision. He needs only to rectify that and we all know he'd never let that happen again. He was only moments away from matching Rocky Marciano's all-time record. Now that Valuev is no longer in consideration for unification, THEN the commission sets up a unification fight. They knew if Valuev started to unify the belts there'd be no stopping him and then no one else would be a champion for the next ten years!.. and that's a lot of money lost for them.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Yeah I watched it live, and then seen it about 2 more times. Chageav outworked him and landed the much cleaner shots. At the end of the day, he lost allen........

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yeah I watched it live, and then seen it about 2 more times. Chageav outworked him and landed the much cleaner shots. At the end of the day, he lost allen........
OMG YOU ARE SAYING THAT CHAGEAV OUT WORKED HIM.LOL.i know who won dumbass i just give my opinion but he didnt out work him.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
When you have to resort to talking about another man's ass, I guess thats when you got nothing left to say. Sad. Peace.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Man, when you talk about comission what are you referring to? I mean, there are 4 wicked sanctioning organizations (WBA, WBO, IBF, WBC) out there, besides that theres the fighter's camp. I dont see any superior force stopping Valuev on his "unstopabble quest" but mandatory challenges and his own camp..

Valuev was taking on easier opponents to reach Marciano's mark. He tought Chagaev would be easy given his reach and size disadvantage, and he lost a close but not-controversial fight..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Man, when you talk about comission what are you referring to? I mean, there are 4 wicked sanctioning organizations (WBA, WBO, IBF, WBC) out there, besides that theres the fighter's camp. I dont see any superior force stopping Valuev on his "unstopabble quest" but mandatory challenges and his own camp..

Valuev was taking on easier opponents to reach Marciano's mark. He tought Chagaev would be easy given his reach and size disadvantage, and he lost a close but not-controversial fight..
ok so you seen the fight

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
The commission had plenty of time and opportunity to set up a "title unification" fight when Nikolai Valuev was champ. But they didn't want that, did they? WHO would bet on anyone that's up against HIM? He was and is invincible. The only reason he lost his belt is because of some little punk using the "punch run punch run" tactic and then winning on a points decision. He needs only to rectify that and we all know he'd never let that happen again. He was only moments away from matching Rocky Marciano's all-time record. Now that Valuev is no longer in consideration for unification, THEN the commission sets up a unification fight. They knew if Valuev started to unify the belts there'd be no stopping him and then no one else would be a champion for the next ten years!.. and that's a lot of money lost for them.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Valuev was/is garbage. All he has going for him is size. If he ever fought Wlad, Peter or even Oleg his ass would get smashed

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
The commission had plenty of time and opportunity to set up a "title unification" fight when Nikolai Valuev was champ. But they didn't want that, did they? WHO would bet on anyone that's up against HIM? He was and is invincible. The only reason he lost his belt is because of some little punk using the "punch run punch run" tactic and then winning on a points decision. He needs only to rectify that and we all know he'd never let that happen again. He was only moments away from matching Rocky Marciano's all-time record. Now that Valuev is no longer in consideration for unification, THEN the commission sets up a unification fight. They knew if Valuev started to unify the belts there'd be no stopping him and then no one else would be a champion for the next ten years!.. and that's a lot of money lost for them.
Ha! Valuev was/is garbage. All he has going for him is size. If he ever fought Wlad, Peter or even Oleg his ass would get smashed

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Are you serious man? Or are you aiming for a laugh? Valuev has to be one of the most pathetic "champs" I have ever seen box. All he has is ridiculous size and a surplus of back hair. Chagaev straight up clowned his ass. Thank God he didn't get to 49-0 fighting nobodies.
well its hard to pick anyone over him.i thought he won the fight with ruslan chageave but he is something else.
Shows what you know...:thumbsdown:
lol did you see the fight.you could say that ruslan landed the cleaner punches but you CANT say he out worked him lol.
Valuev said that he was outworked himself in an interview.
:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Well I mean come on! The guy came on here raving about fooking VALUEV of all people! I didn't know he had fans.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts