Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get annoyed because everyone thinking that Kelly Pavlik will win, won't admit to me that they simply hate Jermain Taylor and therefore they want Kelly Pavlik to win and are trying to convince themselves that he will be the person to finally beat Jermain Taylor. I hate to tell these people that Jermain Taylor is going to have an EASY time beating Kelly Pavlik. I give out boxing betting winners to people for a living and this one is just easy as they get. The odds being even completely baffles but hey, I will just put thousands on Taylor and then collect easy money on Sunday morning :) My question to those that think Pavlik will win this bout, can you please give me 2 good reasons why Pavlik is gonna win this bout? Also, how is Pavlik going to do it?? I can easily explain why Jermain Taylor will tko Pavlik within 10 rounds if needed :)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I'd love to hear your reasoning but I think taylor is goign to win easy by Tko or ko before the nights over. I think pavliks gest hit to much and he is going to rely solely on his power to beat taylor. Taylor can take a punch and people dont realize tihs. Also, edison miranda couldnt hurt pavlik because of the angles those punches were coming at, plus miranda was weight drained and one dimensional. Taylor may not have as heavy hands as miranda but that straight right will hurt kelly more than any of miranda's punches did. taylor will cut kelly, kelly's nose will be bleeding, ( taylors eye may swell up but thats about it ). this fight is going to take place in the center of the ring. It's going to look alot like delahoya/mayweather ( except for more punches and harder ) you have a boxer puncher vs a brawler. 9 times out of 10, the boxer wins. And if you think that 1 time is goign to come against the undisputed middleweight champion of th eworld, your insane. pavlik is a ONE hit wonder. Taylor is part of the future in boxing. Lvoe him or hate him, He is going to shock the boxing world.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Hehe his last 5 fights were all close decisions and lets leave it at that. I believe he lost against spinks!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Both fighters deserved to lose that fight! Ouma he clearly won, I thought he beat Winky.. and i the Hop fights should have been 1-1 IMO. Thats in the past though, i think Taylor will get a UD here.. but i wouldnt be surprised if Pavlik got the KO.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
KOFightPicks said:
I get annoyed because everyone thinking that Kelly Pavlik will win, won't admit to me that they simply hate Jermain Taylor and therefore they want Kelly Pavlik to win and are trying to convince themselves that he will be the person to finally beat Jermain Taylor. I hate to tell these people that Jermain Taylor is going to have an EASY time beating Kelly Pavlik. I give out boxing betting winners to people for a living and this one is just easy as they get. The odds being even completely baffles but hey, I will just put thousands on Taylor and then collect easy money on Sunday morning :) My question to those that think Pavlik will win this bout, can you please give me 2 good reasons why Pavlik is gonna win this bout? Also, how is Pavlik going to do it?? I can easily explain why Jermain Taylor will tko Pavlik within 10 rounds if needed :)
1. He fights going forward and is a high volume puncher. (Taylor walks backwards and throws single punches and 1-2's)
2. His best punch is the straight right which Taylor has been EATING lately from all of his opponents.

And since I'm helping you out there, I'll also point out the fact that Taylor has shown NO power against quality opposition.

So let me ask you a question then- Why do YOU think that Taylor will have an "EASY" time beating Pavlik, and why do you feel Taylor would TKO Pavlik in 10?

PS- the "even" line should be telling to someone of your "experience". Its an even line for good reason, so save your thousands, enjoy the fight, and thank me later.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lol well your doing a good job at what your trying to do, but this time, i cant say i agree with you , although i do think it will be a killer fight.

·
Registered
397 Posts
KOFightPicks said:
Bet you feel like a douche:)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i sure do but at the same time not really, it was an awesome show and what a great great fight. i give pavlik all the credit in the world and cant wait for the rematch. i have it dead even on the rounds with taylor ahead by 1 point. Dave is a little biased because on of those rounds taylor outboxed pavlik so bad it wasnt funny but that doesnt matter. Good win for pavlik. He has a new fan:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
TysonJones said:
i sure do but at the same time not really, it was an awesome show and what a great great fight. i give pavlik all the credit in the world and cant wait for the rematch. i have it dead even on the rounds with taylor ahead by 1 point. Dave is a little biased because on of those rounds taylor outboxed pavlik so bad it wasnt funny but that doesnt matter. Good win for pavlik. He has a new fan:thumbsup:
Dude look at the punch count and punches landed per round.
just because he side steps and moves back he you out box some one.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i know, taylor outlanded him in a much higher percentage but dave, no argueing man, im sick of that ****, pavlik won this fight fair and square. Good call dave

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Pavilik won? Finally!!! Taylor's reign as champion is gone. He got in there with a BS decision, he stayed there winning BS decisions, and now he left with a good one (it sounds like) :)

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
bill1234 said:
Pavilik won? Finally!!! Taylor's reign as champion is gone. He got in there with a BS decision, he stayed there winning BS decisions, and now he left with a good one (it sounds like) :)
if you didn't see talk to TJ about getting you a copy it was a good fight

1 - 20 of 38 Posts