Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many have seen the documentary "Unforgivable Blackness" The life story of Jack Johnson?

I thought it was the best boxing story I'd ever seen.
Even if your hung up on current day fighters I highly recommend it. Amazing what he went through and how many rounds they fought back then.

My favorite line was when he got stopped for speeding and he told the cop. "You might as well give me two tickets because I coming back the same way". LOL. The guy was totally brazen, and anti establishment.

·
Registered
749 Posts
How many have seen the documentary "Unforgivable Blackness" The life story of Jack Johnson?

I thought it was the best boxing story I'd ever seen.
Even if your hung up on current day fighters I highly recommend it. Amazing what he went through and how many rounds they fought back then.

My favorite line was when he got stopped for speeding and he told the cop. "You might as well give me two tickets because I coming back the same way". LOL. The guy was totally brazen, and anti establishment.

I was invited to the Opening of that Documentary with Ken Burns. I was also given a tape and a CD of it.

I really liked it and I would highly recommend it as you did.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
No, I was going to read the book though. Jack Johnson was a great fighter.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
the doc sounds great, does anyone have a download link to view it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
amazing documentary. documents all of johnsons title fights like the fight of the century with jim jefferies and the tommy burns fight. they mention some stuff about dempsey and joe louis also.

whatever you write about me, That I was a man.
Jack johnson

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
I love Jack Johnson and there is no doubt that he was a great man just for the set of balls he had to be a black man and to go against the establishment, when they could have hung him from the nearest tree simply for being an "uppity negroe".

One thing that I cannot stand is the fact that he drew the color line against his own people after Tommy Burns erased it. He would not fight Sam Langford or Joe Jeanette, and I really can not stand it. I wrote a blog about Unforgivable Blackness, be sure to check it out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts