Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I heard through the grapevine that they were talkin about my son fight Paul Williams. Now Paul Williams is 6'2 and should be weighing 180-190 pounds and he comes to fight every time out.......Even though Shane is strong, Shane ain't no Superman. They need to have Shane fighting these little guys too.....Don't get me wrong, Shane is not scared of any of these guys but Shane don't need to be fighting Paul Williams. That man is 6'2 and long as hell. he will fight him, but to me, that's not a good fight for Shane to be taking at this stage in his life"

-boxinghype.com

Just more evidence saying that there isn't one contender at 147 who wants to fight PW.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
well quite frankly paul can be beaten but it's not worth a risk for anyone that is nearing the last few fights of his career. mosley is definitely on a mission to win and fight for as much money as possible. paul is different for any 37 year old to fight and especailly if they are only 5 foot 8/9.

i mean p williams is tall as david haye

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I heard through the grapevine that they were talkin about my son fight Paul Williams. Now Paul Williams is 6'2 and should be weighing 180-190 pounds and he comes to fight every time out.......Even though Shane is strong, Shane ain't no Superman. They need to have Shane fighting these little guys too.....Don't get me wrong, Shane is not scared of any of these guys but Shane don't need to be fighting Paul Williams. That man is 6'2 and long as hell. he will fight him, but to me, that's not a good fight for Shane to be taking at this stage in his life"

-boxinghype.com

Just more evidence saying that there isn't one contender at 147 who wants to fight PW.
LMAO please, Mosley isn't scared of fighting anyone and he can never be accused of doing so. If Williams was the man at 147 he'd go for him like hes going for Margarito now. The overrating of Williams has got extreme on this forum as of late, i almost wish he would have got the fight with Pavlik and got KTFO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LMAO please, Mosley isn't scared of fighting anyone and he can never be accused of doing so. If Williams was the man at 147 he'd go for him like hes going for Margarito now. The overrating of Williams has got extreme on this forum as of late, i almost wish he would have got the fight with Pavlik and got KTFO.
I with you 100% on that, I can't wait for the day the Hearns comparisons get shot down.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ha, so you think that Shane is fighting Margarito because he's "the number 1 guy" at 147?? Garbage. He's fighting him because that's where the money is at. I don't blame Shane for going after Marg instead of Paul. He wants money and a fight that he can very well win. Just remember that PW beat Margarito already so Paul's 'been there done that'. Shane's dad is right on the money. PW is a freak and Shane can make easier money elsewhere.

You think Williams wanted to vacate the 147 belt? He decided he didn't want to fight the likes of Michael Jennings and the host of other crumby WBO contenders just so afterwards when he wins the rest of you could say he's taking crumby fights.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
His hype has risen to epic proportions, but if he had beaten Cotto the way Margarito did, can you imagine how things would be?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Ha, so you think that Shane is fighting Margarito because he's "the number 1 guy" at 147?? Garbage. He's fighting him because that's where the money is at. I don't blame Shane for going after Marg instead of Paul. He wants money and a fight that he can very well win. Just remember that PW beat Margarito already so Paul's 'been there done that'. Shane's dad is right on the money. PW is a freak and Shane can make easier money elsewhere.

You think Williams wanted to vacate the 147 belt?
Yeah, because Shane has always been like that. Look at Forrest/Winky. Neither were marquee names and there were bigger money fights around for Mosley, but he took on the best like hes always done. Mosley has so much credibility after a decade of fighting the very best and NOT ducking anyone, when PW has that people can start accusing Mosley of ducking him.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts

You think Williams wanted to vacate the 147 belt? He decided he didn't want to fight the likes of Michael Jennings and the host of other crumby WBO contenders just so afterwards when he wins the rest of you could say he's taking crumby fights.
margarito atleast was man enough to fight williams as a mandatory instead of chase a cotto money fight.

jennings isn't well known in the uk, but the more exposure you get world wide again, the more people get interested.

if hatton didn't fight mayweather, then not a lot of sports fans would know who mayweather was here.

that's why golden boy are investing in fighters across the world it seems. the more you aim at the more money you will make.

they are with haye and haye will get big in america with their backing. i think they want to sign valero so now they will have someone in japan.

p williams can't just chase the big names cuz he aint no big fish himself in terms of money. he needs to fight and get more interest. plus he needs to sign with arum or goleden boy imo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Yeah, because Shane has always been like that. Look at Forrest/Winky. Neither were marquee names and there were bigger money fights around for Mosley, but he took on the best like hes always done. Mosley has so much credibility after a decade of fighting the very best and NOT ducking anyone, when PW has that people can start accusing Mosley of ducking him.
I'm not saying that Mosley is ducking him. There's a lot more money to be made fighting Margarito and so it's a good business and career decision. I'm just saying people shouldn't forget that there is a guy out there in the division who has already beaten Margarito.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I'm not saying that Mosley is ducking him. I'm saying that there's a lot more money to be made fighting Margarito and so it's a good business and career decision. I'm just saying people shouldn't forget that there is a guy out there in the division who has already beaten Margarito.
well if he didn't lose to quintana then he may have well fought others instead of his rematch.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
well quite frankly paul can be beaten but it's not worth a risk for anyone that is nearing the last few fights of his career. mosley is definitely on a mission to win and fight for as much money as possible. paul is different for any 37 year old to fight and especailly if they are only 5 foot 8/9.

i mean p williams is tall as david haye
I totally agree, Shane don't need to be fighting no giant, like you said not at this stage, he had problem with tall guys before, while still at his peak , theres no reasoning why he would do better now , he'll probably get hurt badly it's not worth it , his father is justifiably concern, while trying not to appear too protective, SHANE should call it a day after the Margarito , cause that one is gonna hard on him, they better have the paramedics ready at ring side...

NO one is questioning Shanes bravery, he has more cojones than a lot of other guys, mainly should I even mention his name, he's doing the honorable thing closing out a great career with the top dog of the moment, I would like to see him go out a winner, but Margarito is a tall order, Shane would have to pull a miracle....

I with you 100% on that, I can't wait for the day the Hearns comparisons get shot down.
Me too I love to see PW get it on with Pavlick, and they should do it while they're both hot, PW to solidify his recognition and Pavlick to regain his credibility, both of them would be seriously motivated, AAHH ,man what a war that would be...

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Yep. Mosley's only interested in big fights against the best now. And Margarito is the best Welterweight out there atm in the eyes of most people.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Paul's a beast, and he would pummell Shane at this point. This is a fight I wouldn't like to see. That long reach is all kinds of wrong for Shane.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep. Mosley's only interested in big fights against the best now. And Margarito is the best Welterweight out there atm in the eyes of most people.
So Mayorga falls under the "best" category. I guess we agree to disagree...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Me too I love to see PW get it on with Pavlick, and they should do it while they're both hot, PW to solidify his recognition and Pavlick to regain his credibility, both of them would be seriously motivated, AAHH ,man what a war that would be...
I think a fully fit Pavlik destroys him Hugo. Something I'd pay good money to witness. :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First fight in 10 months...ever heard of a "tune up"? :dunno:
A "tune up" which he looked pretty poor in and was behind going into the 12th on at least one of the judges cards I believe. If he steps into the ring with Marg and brings what he brought against Mayorga, it'll be a brutal beating.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I'm not saying that Mosley is ducking him. There's a lot more money to be made fighting Margarito and so it's a good business and career decision. I'm just saying people shouldn't forget that there is a guy out there in the division who has already beaten Margarito.
Maybe Paul should have rematched Tony Margarito instead of fighting Quintana?? Another win over Tony would have raised his stock. I dont think Goosen was sure Paul could beat Tony twice, he realised they got lucky first time.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Maybe Paul should have rematched Tony Margarito instead of fighting Quintana?? Another win over Tony would have raised his stock. I dont think Goosen was sure Paul could beat Tony twice, he realised they got lucky first time.
You don't get lucky and win a 12 round championship fight. Oh, unless you fight and beat Hopkins or Margarito right?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts