Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could the hard hitting, accurate punching, Kelly Pavlik beat the iron jawed, and iron willed Jake LaMotta? For one of the first times, I won't chirp in some of my backround knowledge of each of the fighters or any of their weaknesses/advantages. I am just going to sit back for a little bit and read the debates, and try to make an ending fight prediction after I have seen enough of the opinions. Basicaly, I will pick whoever I feel gets the strongest argument.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I have to go with Lamotta to be honest. Pavlik is good, but I'm not convinced that he's great yet.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I would have to say Lamotta also but it would be one hell of a fight.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Even though Jake would fight in a tremendous heigh disadvantage he would pound Pavlik to the body like no one before, Jake was a very good body puncher and a very tough guy. Pavliks best chance would be the distance but Jake was very good at getting inside and pounding to the body. If he could do it sucessfully against Robinson the first time around, I dont see he having problems to do it with Pavlik.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.