Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Pick one

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prime vs Prime at 168 at a neutral site with unbiased, solid judges. How do you see it?

·
Registered
830 Posts
you lot of plain funny and so bias it is a laughable :D

The very fact that you can come up with this as a topic is only exceeded in its dumbness and sheer stupidity by the outcome that your befundled brains have come up with....well done.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

The very fact that you can come up with this as a topic is only exceeded in its dumbness and sheer stupidity by the outcome that your befundled brains have come up with....well done.
Bias? How is that? I never thought I'd ask this, but will you explain yourself more in depth please?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Calzaghefella? Yeah no bias there, huh?
Be nice Rotten, he said his name could have easily been anyone else other than Calzaghe...that it was just a random choic, yet he disappeared and then came back when? Right after the Calzaghe fight. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Be nice Rotten, he said his name could have easily been anyone else other than Calzaghe...that it was just a random choic, yet he disappeared and then came back when? Right after the Calzaghe fight. :laugh:
It could of, but it didn't. Come on you read his posts before. The bias is evident. Calzaghe is a great fighter. But so was Toney. And I think Toney beats him prime vs prime. And you agree. So I don't understand why he would say we are bias. Based on what?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was being sarcastic when I said be nice. The guy cracks me up. He's of the thinking that American fight fans are anti-British.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah man I have to agree there. I'd most definitely put a large bet on Toney to win this hypothetical fight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I just awtched toney vs holyfield oddly enough. An in shape toney at his peak is damn near unbeatable. I would only choose a few in the history of the sport to beat him. Roy Jones being one of the few, I cant really name anyone else off the top of my head, maybe hagler. James Toney is amazing. He can't be hurt, he hits hard, he has some of the fastest hands ever, and even though he can't be hurt, you still wont hit him and then he'll counter you. Im a huge fan of both so no bias here, James toney is superior.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I agree, but his inability to get hurt wouldn't matter against Calzaghe. He couldn't hurt Ulises Solis.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Toney easily. Toney would just laugh at the fact that Calzaghe wouldn't be able to hurt him. I think he would bust up and embarrass Calzaghe

It could of, but it didn't. Come on you read his posts before. The bias is evident. Calzaghe is a great fighter. But so was Toney. And I think Toney beats him prime vs prime. And you agree. So I don't understand why he would say we are bias. Based on what?
I don't even acknowledge that guys posts any more. He just might be the poorest poster in the forum. His boxing knowledge is so limited it's hilarious. Look at his posts. There all either about Calzaghe or Jones. That's it. He doesn't know about anything else

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I agree, but his inability to get hurt wouldn't matter against Calzaghe. He couldn't hurt Ulises Solis.
LOL. Nah but seriously I think he would constantly catch a wide open Calzaghe coming in test that chin and stop Calzaghe late. With Hagler it would be a real close decision victory for either one depending on what styles and mentality they come into the ring with.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts

Calzaghe has a lot of haters since the Hopkins win.

A lot of people were made to look foolish with there predictions on that fight, hating is just the natural way to go for some of them. Although national pride is a big factor too.

When the facts are looked at though Toney was nowhere near unbeatable at his best of course Calzaghe could have beat Toney. Any version of him.

While he was primed he drew with McCallum, got schooled by Jones, Nunn hamered him for 10 rounds before getting stopped and he lost to Griffin.

Calzaghe would have clearly decisioned him IMO.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts