Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mental Midget
Joined
·
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hes an absolutely terrible referee and should be banned from all title fights. A referee is suppsoed to be "invisible" in a boxing match, but no, Jay Nady needs to find a way in every fight to be the center of attention. All he does is screw up fight action. Whether its warning for phantom low blows, bitching about clinching when its really not bad, or just plain not paying attention to what he should be. This guy is a disaster for the sport, and I cant figure out why he continues to get these high profile fights. Its a joke.

Get Cortez in there more. he always seems to do a fantasic job.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
your right captain, nadys a joke. he should have been banned after showing bias to floyd before the baldomir.

joe cortez and dave parris are the 2 best in my book.
 

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
Joined
·
16,769 Posts
Hey give the man a break he does'nt have the benefit of instant replay , these are some fast fighters in there, you could be standing right next to them an still not see the punch at least he got the foul punch right wich should over rule the knock down because of how blatant it was,as a champion he should know better,, Barrerra stood there at least 3 seconds then bammm,he should have been discualified right there and then just because your fighter did'nt get the call does'nt mean the reffery sucks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,272 Posts
I wish Mills Lane was still a referee. In all my years, he was the best that I've seen.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
HUGOBOX said:
Hey give the man a break he does'nt have the benefit of instant replay , these are some fast fighters in there, you could be standing right next to them an still not see the punch at least he got the foul punch right wich should over rule the knock down because of how blatant it was,as a champion he should know better,, Barrerra stood there at least 3 seconds then bammm,he should have been discualified right there and then just because your fighter did'nt get the call does'nt mean the reffery sucks
what about the bias he showed floyd?

what about the interfearing in fights when theres no need?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
I wish Mills Lane was still a referee. In all my years, he was the best that I've seen.
You took the words right out of my mouth. He didn't take any sh*t and never showed bias towards anyone.

Jay Nady does suck. I like Joe Cotez for now.
 

·
Mental Midget
Joined
·
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HUGOBOX said:
Hey give the man a break he does'nt have the benefit of instant replay , these are some fast fighters in there, you could be standing right next to them an still not see the punch at least he got the foul punch right wich should over rule the knock down because of how blatant it was,as a champion he should know better,, Barrerra stood there at least 3 seconds then bammm,he should have been discualified right there and then just because your fighter did'nt get the call does'nt mean the reffery sucks
Its a title fight on pay-per-view. I dont want to hear about not having instant replay. That was one of the cleanest knockdowns ive ever seen. His legs stiffened up and he went dow. If a referee cant see that, he SHOULDNT BE IN THERE. Also, Nady should have jumped in there and started a count and seperated the two. A fighter is trained to keep going until the refere stops you. Marquez had his gloves on the canvas but was hunched over. He did not appear to be going all the way down, and looked like he was going to stand up again. Once again, Nady's incompetence is what drew the foul. This guy is TERRIBLE. I still cant believe he didnt score a knockdown for Barerra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,272 Posts
Marquez was on all fours. A fighter is not trained to hit a guy when he is on all fours. Yes the guy screwed up big time. But no way can you blame him for the punch that MAB landed when JMM was down. MAB held back for a second knowing it was wrong and then throw the punch anyway. My friends and myself were stunned at the knockdown because we were all waiting for the punch from JMM to knock down MAB. It came so quick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
I Dont see why they wouldnt put instant replay in boxing??
why not? Its not like if you have to stop the fight while this is happing.. you can easly have some one outside the ring look at the tape and see if it was a knock down. then if so he can easly go to the judes and let them know it was a clean knock down OR.... he can let it be known if a cut was caused by a head but or a punch....
mean while u have the 2 fighters still fighting in the ring.
its not like football or basketball were u have to stop the game
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Captainobvious99 said:
Also, Nady should have jumped in there and started a count and seperated the two. A fighter is trained to keep going until the refere stops you.
Perfect example thats what i was thinking, also and once again its just like football if the whistle has not blown then the play is still live, same with baseball if the ump hasnt called a play at home u better tag the runner b4 he touches home plate.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
PosterBoy702 said:
I Dont see why they wouldnt put instant replay in boxing??
why not? Its not like if you have to stop the fight while this is happing.. you can easly have some one outside the ring look at the tape and see if it was a knock down. then if so he can easly go to the judes and let them know it was a clean knock down OR.... he can let it be known if a cut was caused by a head but or a punch....
mean while u have the 2 fighters still fighting in the ring.
its not like football or basketball were u have to stop the game
I agree totally. It wouldn't do anything to slow the pace of the fight as the "referee" could be informed in between rounds. And Barerra was totally right to Hit Marquez again. He was down...Barerra chilled...he started getting up with nothing at all done by the ref to rule anything...so why the hell not hit his ass again? Sorry this pisses me off every time I think of Barerra 1. not getting the KD and 2. getting docked a point for a douchebag's mistake.
 

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
Joined
·
16,769 Posts
Yeah man Whatever, maybe he should have kick him too since the refere was'nt as fast as he should have been ,maybe they should'nt put a fat man in there with 2 speedsters but thats the boxing comissions wisdom is'nt
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,174 Posts
Yea it sure is. No ruling and the other fighter is getting up? Why the hell not punch him again? I think MAB knows what he is doing and wasn't going for anything cheap!!!!!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top