Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you guys think? He looked solid IMO, but his opponent was garbage. Good speed, in both feet and hands for Pascal. If he gains some discipline he could be great. My biggest problem was that he got sloppy at times.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i see he's top 20 in the 168 division but quite simply i havent seen him fight. :)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, you are missing out. He fought last night on Friday Night Fights and is quite impressive. He has RJJ like speed/reflexes and a load of power. The guy he fought just wouldn't go down. He took one hell of a beating. Pascal is now 17-0.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i taped the fight and no im watching it as we speak. He looks to be a slow starter but he throws nice combo's and he seams to be able to control his punches quite well. He does loop his punches sometimes though. couple more years and i would like to see him fight lacy.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i think so to but the guy that showed me alot this weekend was chad dawson, seems like he got faster and stronger and his reflexes even got better and his combo's were electric. Pascal though, will be a number 1 or 2 contender before long in the sm division.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He sure as hell will. If he can add a few details to his game its on like Donkey Kong.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i would love to see him fight sakio bika or lucian bute or even jeff lacy in his next fight. All three would be good test.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
IMO he beats all three. This kid is awesome. I have been watching more of his stuff and I am impressed. But, like you said he needs to be tested.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
he really does. All 3 of those guys are about b plus level guys, and the guy he faught recently was hardly a c, although no slouch for that matter. I think he needs 2 more fights and then he can fight for a off name title, then after 3 fights he can go for that title shot. by about the 5th round, pascal really started to open up.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, you can see RJJ-like qualities in him. Or at least that is what I see flashes of. He is deadly fast at that weight and has an assload of power. If he tightens up his defense and gets more fundamentally sound...ballgame.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i have to agree, but i like what he said, he wants to be the first jean pascal. either thats confidence or he knows their will never be a second coming of those guys. but ill give him his props, he and dawson look to be the ghost of those faded atheltes.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea I liked what he said as well. The first Jean Pascal. I will be following his progress like crazy. It seems you and I are the only two who witnessed this fight or know of him.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
yep, you have to see this guy fight guys. I know hes canadian, i konw he has a white persons name but trust us, he's thats good. I hope espn continues to show him fight.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
lol he wont be shown over here until hes at a world title level im afraid:( Il look out for his name in the future definetly..

On a side note, how many different weights did RJJ win world titles at?? I know its random, but i cant remember lol

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Skipped CW:confused: lol taking the top 5-weights in boxing would have been a hell of an achievement. For a guy to start at 160 and go upto win a HW title.. now thats an achievement!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
i don thtink he card for the cw division but i actually think that was the division he cuold really do some damage in. Thast more his naturaly weight now adays. On a furthur note, he held 7 different alphabet titles at lhw at the same time lol. Record for most belts in a single division at the same time. its in the guiness book of 2006 :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
tysonjones said:
i don thtink he card for the cw division but i actually think that was the division he cuold really do some damage in. Thast more his naturaly weight now adays. On a furthur note, he held 7 different alphabet titles at lhw at the same time lol. Record for most belts in a single division at the same time. its in the guiness book of 2006 :thumbsup:
Yea 7 belts were on the line that night.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts